Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

winter tyres on runflats

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
deka

winter tyres on runflats

Post by deka » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:17 pm

Cant find a mention of this, does anyone know if you can put winter tyres on runflat rimes
E89 2.5I Blue rubbish wheels
Gone But not forgotton. Z4 06 roadster 2.5 Midnight blue Hardtop black heated leather, stubby, phone kit, 108's PDC. ZHP

Bing
Legend
Legend

Re: winter tyres on runflats

Post by Bing » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:23 pm

Yes you can. Apparently some fitters will deny it's possible / allowed, but there are scores of folks on here who have non RFT winters (or summers for that matter) fitted to OEM rims that were designed for RFTs. Including me, and the fitters didn't bat an eyelid.

:thumbsup:
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

Adamski
Lifer
Lifer

winter tyres on runflats

Post by Adamski » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:40 pm

Bing wrote:Yes you can. Apparently some fitters will deny it's possible / allowed, but there are scores of folks on here who have non RFT winters (or summers for that matter) fitted to OEM rims that were designed for RFTs. Including me, and the fitters didn't bat an eyelid.

:thumbsup:
+1. There's no reason not to fit non RFTs

I have non RFT on my 108s. No problems :thumbsup:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gone: Z4M Coupé|Black Sapphire|OEM CSLs|Aero Skirts|OEM Strut Brace|Nav|Heated Seats|Logic 7 Pro Hi-fi|Bluetooth|Carbon Leather|PDC|BMW Assist|Stubby
Gone: Cherished 2003 3.0i Black Sapphire Roadster