Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Goodyear Vector 4Seasons tyre report..Updated

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
sars
Lifer
Lifer

Post by sars » Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:36 pm

I have to say that I was more than happy with the all season contact, I never tried them in Sport+ but traction wise they were great even from a traffic light sprint, though they were 255/35’s so a bit more width will always help. But there’s no way they compare to the PS4S that were fitted afterwards. I think as a winter where the temp goes to 15 C one day and freezes the next morning they were ideal, I’m going to fit a set to the Golf next year and use them all year round and that’s where I see there practicality as an all season tyre and certainly not a replacement for a UHP summer tyre
Gorgeous SFR Z4 M40i 8)
Gone 2017 Iridium SL400, 2015 435d xDrive Convertible, 2012 E350 CDi Convertible, 2010 DSB Z4 sdrive30i, 2008 Audi A4 Cabriolet, 2006 Phoenix Yellow Z4 2.5Si, 2003 Saab 9-3 Convertible

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:02 pm

sars wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:36 pm I have to say that I was more than happy with the all season contact, I never tried them in Sport+ but traction wise they were great even from a traffic light sprint, though they were 255/35’s so a bit more width will always help. But there’s no way they compare to the PS4S that were fitted afterwards. I think as a winter where the temp goes to 15 C one day and freezes the next morning they were ideal, I’m going to fit a set to the Golf next year and use them all year round and that’s where I see there practicality as an all season tyre and certainly not a replacement for a UHP summer tyre
Hi Sars..I don't disagree with your views at all..in the late autumn /winter /spring they will do a lot better on cold /damp mornings that a summer tyre for sure..I'm certainly not suggesting that they are not valid for that part of the year..especially up here.. I guess I was just suprised to discover their limitations in the summer..how much is from a torquey motor, how much from a 45 vs 40 profile on the rear..how much from my expectations I don't know..

I'll fit the Michelin All Seasons when they arrive at some time..it will probably late this year before I can report back on them..

sars
Lifer
Lifer

Post by sars » Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:26 pm

Pbondar wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:02 pm
sars wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:36 pm I have to say that I was more than happy with the all season contact, I never tried them in Sport+ but traction wise they were great even from a traffic light sprint, though they were 255/35’s so a bit more width will always help. But there’s no way they compare to the PS4S that were fitted afterwards. I think as a winter where the temp goes to 15 C one day and freezes the next morning they were ideal, I’m going to fit a set to the Golf next year and use them all year round and that’s where I see there practicality as an all season tyre and certainly not a replacement for a UHP summer tyre
Hi Sars..I don't disagree with your views at all..in the late autumn /winter /spring they will do a lot better on cold /damp mornings that a summer tyre for sure..I'm certainly not suggesting that they are not valid for that part of the year..especially up here.. I guess I was just suprised to discover their limitations in the summer..how much is from a torquey motor, how much from a 45 vs 40 profile on the rear..how much from my expectations I don't know..

I'll fit the Michelin All Seasons when they arrive at some time..it will probably late this year before I can report back on them..
Are you not wanting to run two sets of tyres, one winter and one summer? If you are I don’t see much mileage in you changing to Michelin all seasons from the good years :thumbsup:
Gorgeous SFR Z4 M40i 8)
Gone 2017 Iridium SL400, 2015 435d xDrive Convertible, 2012 E350 CDi Convertible, 2010 DSB Z4 sdrive30i, 2008 Audi A4 Cabriolet, 2006 Phoenix Yellow Z4 2.5Si, 2003 Saab 9-3 Convertible

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:32 pm

In my what proved premature pique at the GY all seasons I ordered a set of Michelin Sports All Seasons in OE sizes..

So I’ll put them on my 17” winter wheels when they arrive and probably eBay my GY all seasons later in the year when winter tyres become more topical..

When my replacement GY asy 5 rear boots arrive I’ll install them on my 18” summer wheels and put them back on..

First world problems..

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ewazix » Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:13 pm

I've had Michelin Cross Climate and + on several cars including a Scooby Forester Turbo, I think they are great which I why I have gone back to them. But summer performance wise they are no match for a set quality summer rubber and will feel 'soft' on a Z4 when things get enthusiastic.
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:50 pm

Ewazix wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:13 pm I've had Michelin Cross Climate and + on several cars including a Scooby Forester Turbo, I think they are great which I why I have gone back to them. But summer performance wise they are no match for a set quality summer rubber and will feel 'soft' on a Z4 when things get enthusiastic.
Hi there..yes copied ..these are the new 2021 pilot sport all seasons

Supposed top dog in 2021 of all season tyres

https://www.tyrereviews.com/Tyre/Michel ... ason-4.htm

If nothing else they will be the correct sizes for my wheels..which is one of the main issues getting all season tyres in 17” asymmetric rim sizes :thumbsdown: