Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Some help please.

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
weeman88

Some help please.

Post by weeman88 » Fri May 07, 2021 4:45 pm

So on a sprinted drive over Bank Holiday weekend I have cracked my front wheel, took it to a well known repair guy and he said because its after market he can't fix it as he would not trust it to hold up to be re straightened.

So just looking around for some cheap wheels with tyres to chuck on to get me around for the time been. As I live in a rural area and really need my car.

But when I look over market place and ebay etc not many people list the ET of the wheels etc so not sure what other bmw oem wheel's would work.

My car is a e89 23i.

Have seen a set which don't look bad and have decent tyres on but the fronts are 225 45 r18 and rears are 255 40 r18 which I don't belive is the right size for a e89.

Can anyone give me any ideas I should be looking for, it's come at the wrong time so can't afford to just go buy a new set etc atm.

Cheers

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Some help please.

Post by Argyll Andy » Fri May 07, 2021 4:56 pm

weeman88 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:45 pm So on a sprinted drive over Bank Holiday weekend I have cracked my front wheel, took it to a well known repair guy and he said because its after market he can't fix it as he would not trust it to hold up to be re straightened.

So just looking around for some cheap wheels with tyres to chuck on to get me around for the time been. As I live in a rural area and really need my car.

But when I look over market place and ebay etc not many people list the ET of the wheels etc so not sure what other bmw oem wheel's would work.

My car is a e89 23i.

Have seen a set which don't look bad and have decent tyres on but the fronts are 225 45 r18 and rears are 255 40 r18 which I don't belive is the right size for a e89.

Can anyone give me any ideas I should be looking for, it's come at the wrong time so can't afford to just go buy a new set etc atm.

Cheers
That’s a bugger, this’ll help you with the offsets for oem BMW wheels you’re seeing. Only thing to be wary of is the same style for two different models, you’d need to establish which car they originated from :thumbsup:

http://www.bmwstylewheels.com/

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Pondrew
    Lifer
    Lifer

Some help please.

Post by Pondrew » Fri May 07, 2021 5:36 pm

weeman88 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:45 pm Have seen a set which don't look bad and have decent tyres on but the fronts are 225 45 r18 and rears are 255 40 r18 which I don't belive is the right size for a e89.
    It should be written on the inside of the driver's door. For 18s mine says 225/40 front and 255/35 rear :)
    I'm no expert but AFAIK the only downside with those profile sizes are the speedo will be off a bit.
    All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
    E89 20i Now fully dried
    Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
    Mazda3 sold
    Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

mr wilks
    Legend
    Legend

Some help please.

Post by mr wilks » Fri May 07, 2021 5:51 pm

If the offsets work then i see the upsized rubber as a bonus & the speedo will actually read more accurate so if you do swap its worth checking so you don't get caught out .
    3 ZMRs
    3 E89s
    5 Si coupes
    5 Si roadsters
    997 C4
    TTRS
    F82 M4
    MK7 Golf Gti
    current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

weeman88

Some help please.

Post by weeman88 » Fri May 07, 2021 6:14 pm

mr wilks wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 5:51 pm If the offsets work then i see the upsized rubber as a bonus & the speedo will actually read more accurate so if you do swap its worth checking so you don't get caught out .
    Waiting for the person to get back to me on them about offset ..

There a set of style 194s for cheap with great rubber but just don't no if can justify 17s on my car but they would do for the time been there etc 34 and etc 37 so would probably work.

Pbondar

Some help please.

Post by Pbondar » Fri May 07, 2021 6:29 pm

weeman88 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:14 pm
    mr wilks wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 5:51 pm If the offsets work then i see the upsized rubber as a bonus & the speedo will actually read more accurate so if you do swap its worth checking so you don't get caught out .
    Waiting for the person to get back to me on them about offset ..

There a set of style 194s for cheap with great rubber but just don't no if can justify 17s on my car but they would do for the time been there etc 34 and etc 37 so would probably work.
    17 wheels work well and the offsets should be ok for a get you going set :thumbsup: