Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Alloywheels & Tyre package website recommendation

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
Jay-Jay

Post by Jay-Jay » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:58 am

Looking to sell the 19's 326 alloys and replace with some 18's
The 19's are nice but 18's will be better in terms of ride quality and replacement tyres when needed not to mention they are so easy to curb...

Has anyone done the same and did you order a wheel /tyre package?
Alpine White E89 28i M Sport

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mr.tourette » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:29 pm

Done both recently, its certainly cheaper ordering separately as the wheel sellers generally dont have access to all the deals you can find buying yourself..BM Autosport are recommended though and a great to deal with, they will send them to you with or without tyres, their wheel prices are generally very favourable, tyres not so much but i guess they are tied to their local supplier prices only, still generally cheaper than places like Wheelbase Alloys, if you want the best deals always best to buy wheels and tyres separately, if you want the convenience of your wheels arriving ready to fit then BM Autosport would be hard to beat.. nb if you let BM know you are from the forum they may offer free delivery depending on spend, i did get it when ordering wheel and tyre combo :thumbsup:
Last edited by mr.tourette on Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
if its got tits or tyres..its trouble :D

jamesditchy

Post by jamesditchy » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:44 pm

I've just replaced the tyres on mine ready for this year. Ordered thru tyresavings.com, 2 x 225 40 18 and 2 x 255 35 18. Uniroyal rainsport 5 fitted £360. Might be a guide when shopping for the wheels.

Jay-Jay

Post by Jay-Jay » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:35 pm

Thanks for the info, will be doing some searching in the next few days.
Hopefully there is still demand for the 326's as will need to sell these as well

Do you to have wider tyres on the rear or can they be the same as fronts?

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:59 pm

You don't need to have wider rims/tyres on the rear, that's just how all the larger diameter BMW staggered sets came.

I have read somewhere that BMWs actually handle more neutrally with a "square" set up - as in all four the same sizes, but I've no experience of that on a Z4. It works pretty well on my E90 though.

l don't know if they do wheel and tyre packages, but "mrwilks" often recommended "cmwheels" for rims as they offer a forum discount!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

gadgetJunky72

Post by gadgetJunky72 » Sun May 02, 2021 8:22 am

Hi,

I’m picking up a set of refurbished alloys from someone that posts up sets on fb. I’ll check the quality and then report back to you by PM.

Jay-Jay

Post by Jay-Jay » Sun May 02, 2021 10:01 pm

Thanks all for the feedback, am hanging on to 19's for now so I can save my pocket money up... Also need to pay for a camping holiday too, that was a nice surprise from the missus :rtfm:

M1k3yC

Post by M1k3yC » Mon May 17, 2021 9:04 pm

mr.tourette wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:29 pm BM Autosport are recommended though and a great to deal with, they will send them to you with or without tyres, their wheel prices are generally very favourable, tyres not so much but i guess they are tied to their local supplier prices only, still generally cheaper than places like Wheelbase Alloys, if you want the best deals always best to buy wheels and tyres separately, if you want the convenience of your wheels arriving ready to fit then BM Autosport would be hard to beat.. nb if you let BM know you are from the forum they may offer free delivery depending on spend, i did get it when ordering wheel and tyre combo :thumbsup:
Thanks for recommending BM Autosport - I should have some new wheels incoming soon :) Mark is great to deal with, absolutely spot on.
2022 Hyundai Kona N - greyhound transport
2018 F56 Mini JCW
2016 MX-5 2.0 Sport Recaro
Gone to a good home: 2007 E86 3.0Si Sport

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mr.tourette » Tue May 18, 2021 11:00 am

M1k3yC wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:04 pm
mr.tourette wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:29 pm BM Autosport are recommended though and a great to deal with, they will send them to you with or without tyres, their wheel prices are generally very favourable, tyres not so much but i guess they are tied to their local supplier prices only, still generally cheaper than places like Wheelbase Alloys, if you want the best deals always best to buy wheels and tyres separately, if you want the convenience of your wheels arriving ready to fit then BM Autosport would be hard to beat.. nb if you let BM know you are from the forum they may offer free delivery depending on spend, i did get it when ordering wheel and tyre combo :thumbsup:
Thanks for recommending BM Autosport - I should have some new wheels incoming soon :) Mark is great to deal with, absolutely spot on.
Nice one buddy..look forward to seeing your new wheels :thumbsup:
if its got tits or tyres..its trouble :D