Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Stud conversion kit

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
yipikayee

Stud conversion kit

Post by yipikayee » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:27 pm

Hi

I have style 32 18" dished set of wheels on my Z and i was looking at stud conversion kits.
Never used one before so its all new to me, i want to put them on for looks :wink: found this products:

http://catune.co.uk/single_prod-cHJvZF9 ... pZD04.html

They offer 44/68/75mm ones, could anyone recommend what lenght would be appropriate? I dont have nor i plan to use spacers if that relevant
If they are no good, please share what brand you are using

Thanks
04' 3.0i

brillomaster

Stud conversion kit

Post by brillomaster » Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:33 pm

they look cool, very motorsport! Having a stud conversion kit would have made things a lot easier when i used to swap to track wheels and tyres every time i did a trackday.

the website suggests 44mm is fine for running no spacers, and 68mm run up to 12mm spacers. though... personally i see no downside of getting 68mm studs, assuming you have a deep socket set so you can still install the nuts.

yipikayee

Stud conversion kit

Post by yipikayee » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:09 pm

brillomaster wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:33 pm they look cool, very motorsport! Having a stud conversion kit would have made things a lot easier when i used to swap to track wheels and tyres every time i did a trackday.

the website suggests 44mm is fine for running no spacers, and 68mm run up to 12mm spacers. though... personally i see no downside of getting 68mm studs, assuming you have a deep socket set so you can still install the nuts.
i agree, it will suit the sporty look of the Z a lot :)
i need to buy a new socket anyway so will go for deep one
04' 3.0i