Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

296 value

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
Big Bad Boris

296 value

Post by Big Bad Boris » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:56 pm

I have a contact that has a set of 296s in his garage. They need a refurb, 2 are originals from 2010, 2 are replacements put on in 2015 (after both rears cracked) and taken off shortly after to be replaced by aftermarket wheels all round. I have looked at them and there’s no evidence of cracks or repairs.

Not sure if he wants to sell them, but I am thinking of making him an offer and wondered what they are worth (roughly)?

Lazza

296 value

Post by Lazza » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:06 pm

I would say, if they are all like new, then I would pay up to £600. If they are in good condition, i.e. they could go on as they are but might not look quite perfect then no more than £450. If they are all in need of a refurb then closer to £300.

The fronts are generally fine. It's the rears that generally suffer from cracks. That means you can find loads of fronts on ebay in great condition for around £100. The rears in perfect condition are harder to come by.
Z4 S-Drive 35i
Audi TT S-line
Mazda MX5 Mk2.5 (for sale)
Wokingham Berkshire