Page 1 of 1

Facebook post re changing to non runflat tyres.

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:30 am
by Strummer63
Saw this on Facebook BMW Z4 Owners Club.
Anyone have any thoughts?
Screenshot_20191203-092212_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20191203-092212_Samsung Internet.jpg (115.64 KiB) Viewed 1065 times

Facebook post re changing to non runflat tyres.

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:37 am
by ph001
Sounds like a boatload of bullshit to me.

Facebook post re changing to non runflat tyres.

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:06 pm
by PinkPineapple44
Depends what the T&C's say...but I'd be looking for a better insurer :thumbsup:

Facebook post re changing to non runflat tyres.

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:43 pm
by Pbondar
These things happen, my wife's Mini F56 Cooper SD became uninsurable with Lloyds when we moved from a high risk nottingham postcode to a low risk scottish borders postcode!

Facebook post re changing to non runflat tyres.

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:32 pm
by JamieZ4C
ph001 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:37 am
Sounds like a boatload of bullshit to me.
I'm inclined to agree. I know insurance companies are in the same category as bankers and politicians, but it makes no sense whatsoever for them to take that action.

Also, RAC isn't an insurance company, it's a broker. Even if it were true that this guy's current insurer wanted to cancel the policy, as a broker, RAC would have wanted to keep his business and found him (with great ease you would have thought) another insurer who would cover him.

It just makes less sense the more you think about it.

Facebook post re changing to non runflat tyres.

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:52 pm
by Raj_UK
Sometimes it just depends who you speak to. I wanted to paint my wife’s MINI wheels black and stated my intentions when changing the policy when we bought the car. Their first response was they won’t be able to insure it, even though the wheels were available in black from MINI. However it was okay to add aftermarket alloys, or refurb the alloys silver. So I asked how they’d tell the difference, or if it was okay to BUY black ones???? They eventually agreed it was okay and added a note to that effect. They added you are not allowed to paint the car or add ANY stickers. So I asked about dealership stickers and we had a massive debate because that was okay as they are added when the car is built, to which I disagreed. In the end she agreed a Stratstone sticker could invalidate the insurance. She then went to check with a supervisor that my baby onboard sticker was okay and added a note to my policy!! :cry:

Facebook post re changing to non runflat tyres.

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:31 pm
by Strummer63
Seems like his insurers have backed down.
Screenshot_20191203-132906_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20191203-132906_Samsung Internet.jpg (133.93 KiB) Viewed 980 times

Facebook post re changing to non runflat tyres.

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:56 pm
by enuff_zed
So I assume he's got his insurance cover back, plus an extra £50 offered in his pocket. But he wants to make it 'a full blown investigation'.
I'd suggest he's either very bored or has more time on his hands than common sense!

Now if they'd cancelled his Life Insurance because he clearly hasn't got one................... :D

Facebook post re changing to non runflat tyres.

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:07 pm
by firebobby
enuff_zed wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:56 pm
So I assume he's got his insurance cover back, plus an extra £50 offered in his pocket. But he wants to make it 'a full blown investigation'.
I'd suggest he's either very bored or has more time on his hands than common sense!

Now if they'd cancelled his Life Insurance because he clearly hasn't got one................... :D
sounds like a bloody snow flake

Facebook post re changing to non runflat tyres.

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:45 pm
by scootr
enuff_zed wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:56 pm
So I assume he's got his insurance cover back, plus an extra £50 offered in his pocket. But he wants to make it 'a full blown investigation'.
I'd suggest he's either very bored or has more time on his hands than common sense!

Now if they'd cancelled his Life Insurance because he clearly hasn't got one................... :D
:rofl: :evil: :rofl:

That's funny s**t right there - I don't care who you are!

Facebook post re changing to non runflat tyres.

Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:38 am
by Darkangelv2
In fairness, he wants more than the £50 offered as he had to overpay by about £200 for his new insurance as he needed to take it out on the day he was getting the quote. Insurance is cheapest between 2/3 weeks in advance of take-up.

I’d be pissed off too if my insurance told me they’d cancelled, forcing me to reinsure at over the odds then said “whoops, we got it wrong have £50 and enjoy being another £200 out of pocket”

Facebook post re changing to non runflat tyres.

Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:41 am
by enuff_zed
Darkangelv2 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:38 am
In fairness, he wants more than the £50 offered as he had to overpay by about £200 for his new insurance as he needed to take it out on the day he was getting the quote. Insurance is cheapest between 2/3 weeks in advance of take-up.

I’d be pissed off too if my insurance told me they’d cancelled, forcing me to reinsure at over the odds then said “whoops, we got it wrong have £50 and enjoy being another £200 out of pocket”
OK, wasn't clear to me that he had to get other cover.
I thought he'd complained then got it resolved and the £50 was an apology.

Facebook post re changing to non runflat tyres.

Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:50 am
by Ewazix
enuff_zed wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:41 am
Darkangelv2 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:38 am
In fairness, he wants more than the £50 offered as he had to overpay by about £200 for his new insurance as he needed to take it out on the day he was getting the quote. Insurance is cheapest between 2/3 weeks in advance of take-up.

I’d be pissed off too if my insurance told me they’d cancelled, forcing me to reinsure at over the odds then said “whoops, we got it wrong have £50 and enjoy being another £200 out of pocket”
OK, wasn't clear to me that he had to get other cover.
I thought he'd complained then got it resolved and the £50 was an apology.
I'm guessing that you will now be subject of a 'full blown investigation' for libel :wink:

Facebook post re changing to non runflat tyres.

Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:25 pm
by enuff_zed
Ewazix wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:50 am
enuff_zed wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:41 am
Darkangelv2 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:38 am
In fairness, he wants more than the £50 offered as he had to overpay by about £200 for his new insurance as he needed to take it out on the day he was getting the quote. Insurance is cheapest between 2/3 weeks in advance of take-up.

I’d be pissed off too if my insurance told me they’d cancelled, forcing me to reinsure at over the odds then said “whoops, we got it wrong have £50 and enjoy being another £200 out of pocket”
OK, wasn't clear to me that he had to get other cover.
I thought he'd complained then got it resolved and the £50 was an apology.
I'm guessing that you will now be subject of a 'full blown investigation' for libel :wink:
Nah, I'll just blame it on age and being completely inept with (un)social media :roll:

Facebook post re changing to non runflat tyres.

Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:44 pm
by Darkangelv2
enuff_zed wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:41 am
Darkangelv2 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:38 am
In fairness, he wants more than the £50 offered as he had to overpay by about £200 for his new insurance as he needed to take it out on the day he was getting the quote. Insurance is cheapest between 2/3 weeks in advance of take-up.

I’d be pissed off too if my insurance told me they’d cancelled, forcing me to reinsure at over the odds then said “whoops, we got it wrong have £50 and enjoy being another £200 out of pocket”
OK, wasn't clear to me that he had to get other cover.
I thought he'd complained then got it resolved and the £50 was an apology.
:thumbsup:
I thought the same at first!