Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

What size spacers.............

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:05 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:46 pm
Smartbear wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:32 pm
Silverstar wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:49 am You could just put black covers on, probably the cheapest and quickest way.

I have question regarding the spacers I assume the same set up would work with the 294 model alloys? would 12 or 15mm spacers also work if the car is lowered on eibach or H&R springs? Also some say adding spacers can mess with the other components of the car like wheel bearings etc., what is the experience of those here that have spacers?
I ran 15/12mm spacers on my 3.0si for a couple of years with no wheel bearing issues but it definitely made the car feel more twitchy, felt like it needed constant correction on motorways :?
Rob
Thanks Rob, worth bearing in mind as its purely the looks I'm after.............................. so is it worth it?
I had a 4 wheel geo set up a couple of times and it still drove better before the spacers :roll:
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

scootr

Post by scootr » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:14 pm

I put 18/10 on mine. Stock ride height and tire size. I've since removed the fronts due to a high speed vibration issue. And I'm happy now with just the rear 18s. The tire is only slightly outside of the body flair (2-3 mm) I like it. I thought I saw black and chrome lug bolts of various lengths on eBay. Search by thread and length.
E89 3.0L 6 MT gone
Michelin P4s
Bilstein struts & shocks
Luxon tower brace

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:04 am

scootr wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:14 pm I put 18/10 on mine. Stock ride height and tire size. I've since removed the fronts due to a high speed vibration issue. And I'm happy now with just the rear 18s. The tire is only slightly outside of the body flair (2-3 mm) I like it. I thought I saw black and chrome lug bolts of various lengths on eBay. Search by thread and length.
Thanks. I'll look into it more thoroughly but I want to get a good feel for the car on it's new tyres first. More than one change at a time and you lose track of what's doing what.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup: