225 Tyre on a 9J Rim?

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
Post Reply
User avatar
sunnydays
Member
Member
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:50 am

225 Tyre on a 9J Rim?

Post by sunnydays » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:22 pm

Hey,

Is there any problem in running a 225 / 30 / R19 tyre on a 9J rim.
Googling around, charts reccomend 235+, how ever I can also see many people running these sizes fine.

It would be
225/35/R19 on a 9J
255/30/R19 on a 10J

Is this okay to do? Or should I sell the tyres and get new ones?

Thanks!
Last edited by sunnydays on Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Z4C_er
Member
Member
Posts: 609
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:45 am
Location: Wiltshire

225 Tyre on a 9J Rim?

Post by Z4C_er » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:19 pm

That's a bit too much stretch. Your wheel will protrude quite a bit.
245 is the minimum I would go for.
2006.5 E86 Z4C si SE Phoenix Yellow

User avatar
mr wilks
Legend
Legend
Posts: 20732
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:02 pm
Location: Lancashire

225 Tyre on a 9J Rim?

Post by mr wilks » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:31 pm

sunnydays wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:22 pm
Hey,

Is there any problem in running a 225 / 30 / R19 tyre on a 9J rim.
Googling around, charts reccomend 235+, how ever I can also see many people running these sizes fine.

It would be
225/30/R19 on a 9J
255/35/R19 on a 10J

Is this okay to do? Or should I sell the tyres and get new ones?

Thanks!
A 30 front / 35 rear :? Is that a typo ?
Z4s , i've had a few :oops:
Si Sport E86 Ti silver - syrah trim - quad conversion

User avatar
sunnydays
Member
Member
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:50 am

225 Tyre on a 9J Rim?

Post by sunnydays » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:55 pm

mr wilks wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:31 pm
sunnydays wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:22 pm
Hey,

Is there any problem in running a 225 / 30 / R19 tyre on a 9J rim.
Googling around, charts reccomend 235+, how ever I can also see many people running these sizes fine.

It would be
225/30/R19 on a 9J
255/35/R19 on a 10J

Is this okay to do? Or should I sell the tyres and get new ones?

Thanks!
A 30 front / 35 rear :? Is that a typo ?
Oops yes it is. It should be 30 rear 35 front

User avatar
sunnydays
Member
Member
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:50 am

225 Tyre on a 9J Rim?

Post by sunnydays » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:16 pm

Z4C_er wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:19 pm
That's a bit too much stretch. Your wheel will protrude quite a bit.
245 is the minimum I would go for.
Not an option, 245 will rub, the wheel is already wider than stock, and on lowering springs.

Post Reply