Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

No more runflats

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
warmasice

No more runflats

Post by warmasice » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:47 pm

Ewazix wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:51 am
warmasice wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:13 am
Magicarcher wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:11 pm

I usually associate the word compliant with "softer", "more forgiving" and hence more comfortable. Are you saying that after fitting eibach springs to the car with RFT it was more comfortable than stock springs? I would have expected the opposite.
Yes 100% - that's because they're a progressive spring. I nearly kept the RFTs but had the itch to dump them and it's been a revelation.
Maybe you didn't have stock springs as they are progressive as well? Hence the thin pig-tails that often snap off. Stock rears rarely lasted more than a few years, mine were changed at about 15k miles / 3 years for the first MOT retaining stock, and then again at about 40k miles 7 years later. Hopefully your E's will last longer :thumbsup:
Definitely stock springs. Sold them on here. :)

scootr

No more runflats

Post by scootr » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:45 am

Great advice on ditching the RF tires from everybody. Just drove my first 50 miles on Michelin Pilot 4s Stock 17" and I'm telling you they are quieter, smoother, grippier at all speeds. Softened the seat up quite a bit too :P I have new struts and shocks coming so she will ride like new.
Attachments
IMG_0781.jpg
IMG_0781.jpg (249.6 KiB) Viewed 1444 times
E89 3.0L 6 MT gone
Michelin P4s
Bilstein struts & shocks
Luxon tower brace