Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Vredestein tyres

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
Pauly

Vredestein tyres

Post by Pauly » Wed May 29, 2019 12:53 pm

Just about to move from run flats to non. I have seen Vreds Ultrac Vorti for just over £300 for the set, is this the best option for the z4 as they also have Vreds Sporttrac 5 for the same money. Cheers
Gone but not forgotten-E85
Current-E89 23i :driving:

lucasxdiniz

Vredestein tyres

Post by lucasxdiniz » Wed May 29, 2019 2:17 pm

I bought my car with Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta, which are no longer made for the sizes you'd need. But 5 year ago everyone in this forum seemed to love them and say they offer plenty of grip. I was impressed, even though they were part worn.

So a few weeks ago I decided to change my tyres and was looking at the Vredestein Ultrac Vortis, but for the same price I got Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5s and my mind is blow on how well the car holds in corners and roundabouts. I was used to getting the rear to snap out with the Vredestein, but I haven't managed to do so with the Goodyears.

I read plenty of posts and reviews between the two tyres, and the Goodyears seem to be the better of the two (specially considering you get a set for the same price as Vortis on 123tyres). Rim protection is also considerably better.
Z4MC: Interlagos Blue | Individual Champagne | BC Racing RS Coilovers | Powerflex Arms | 4.1 FD

Gustavo7

Vredestein tyres

Post by Gustavo7 » Wed May 29, 2019 3:31 pm

I had Vredestein Ultrac Satin tyres on my previous 320d. They were amazing, would totally recommend them!
Imola Red Z4MC

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

Vredestein tyres

Post by mr.tourette » Wed May 29, 2019 4:54 pm

Vortis are a fantastic tyre and great value for money at that price :thumbsup:
if its got tits or tyres..its trouble :D

DOOM

Vredestein tyres

Post by DOOM » Wed May 29, 2019 5:16 pm

one more happy driver with their performace here!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
'07 Z4C, Stratus Grey | square 108s | Quaife LSD | Lotus seats | Bilstein B4s | ZHP Knob| Cruise Control | Meyle Suspension arms | Pioneer head unit
Miata NBfl 1.8, Torsen T2, JVC Head Unit, Lotus Seat
Vauxhall Corsa C 1.4, bone stock :D

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Vredestein tyres

Post by ben g » Wed May 29, 2019 5:28 pm

I've had Vorti's on mine for a few years. Very happy with them :thumbsup:
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

Pauly

Vredestein tyres

Post by Pauly » Wed May 29, 2019 6:46 pm

Cheers fella's :thumbsup: will get them ordered and get these run flats off, I know from my previous e85 the change is excellent.
Gone but not forgotten-E85
Current-E89 23i :driving:

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Vredestein tyres

Post by buzyg » Wed May 29, 2019 7:19 pm

I had two sets of Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta, before they stopped making them. Good tyres for the money. Since then I have fitted MPSS. :thumbsup:

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Vredestein tyres

Post by ronk » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:26 pm

I used the Sessanta on a previous E85 - They got rid of the run flats faults and they stuck well but it seemed sluggish to turn in, the car just seemed to be less sharp. I suspect raised tyre pressures would have helped. Nevertheless, I’m a fan of the brand having used them on Audi Quattro A4 and the Disco 3 :thumbsup:
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup: