Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Z4M Coupe Tyre Pressure for 19" Wheels

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
rsrider

Post by rsrider » Mon May 27, 2019 12:11 am

Hey People,

Needing some advice please!

Just got myself a set of 19" Apex ARC8 wheels. Will be running 245/35 fronts and 275/30 rears and wanting to know what would be the best tyre pressures to run?

Vehicle is a road car 99% of the time.

Thanks
2006 Z4M Coupe Titanium Silver with Imola Red Nappa Leather
Mods: 19" Apex ARC-8 w Dunlop SP Sport Maxx 050+ / AFE Intake / Stromung Exhaust / Scheidmann Carbon Boot Spoiler / Scheidmann Carbon Engine Cover / Metallic Black Roof Wrap

bmwaddict

Post by bmwaddict » Mon May 27, 2019 2:16 am

This is one of those questions where you'll get lots of different answers.
Had exactly the same setup and ran 33 front 36 rear, seemed to work best for me.
Currently zedless :(

'07 Mugello Blue Audi B7 RS4 Saloon with added goodies
'94 Black/Silver/Green Honda CBR400RR
Previous:
'07 Ruby Black Z4MC
'07 Sapphire Black Z4C 3.0si Sport

rsrider

Post by rsrider » Mon May 27, 2019 5:50 am

bmwaddict wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 2:16 am This is one of those questions where you'll get lots of different answers.
Had exactly the same setup and ran 33 front 36 rear, seemed to work best for me.
I figured as much. I read a post from someone on here with a similar question and there were differing opinions.

One guy provided a calculation based on the factory tyre sizes, vs what I am changing to and the PSI figures were quite low - 28 front and 30 rear.............

I guess there is no 'definitive answer' - just perhaps if someone was running similar tyre sizes and their experiences with pressures.

I'll give your suggestion a go and see how they feel. Thanks!
2006 Z4M Coupe Titanium Silver with Imola Red Nappa Leather
Mods: 19" Apex ARC-8 w Dunlop SP Sport Maxx 050+ / AFE Intake / Stromung Exhaust / Scheidmann Carbon Boot Spoiler / Scheidmann Carbon Engine Cover / Metallic Black Roof Wrap

jadatis

Post by jadatis » Mon May 27, 2019 4:00 pm

Its yust what you want, fuelsaving or comfort and gripp.
I am able to calculate a safe lowest pressure for the weight and speed , and that gives max gripp and comfort. Probably that will come in that 30 psi aria.

But also can calculate max pressure, with acceptable comfort and gripp .
A bit above that you get centre- wear.

For electric cars like Tesla ,as high as 42 psi is adviced by carmaker, all to give the battery a larger actiradius. The lowest safe pressure would probably calculate as 30 psi, and on those fora centrewear is mentioned often.so give weights o axles, and more tire- specifications. Only need to know if XL/ reinforced/extraload or not, the rest I can google.
The carmaker nowadays use the GAWR's as weight to calc the pressure for, for max technical car speed, or often gives 35 psi ( referencepressure of standardload tire, eur 36psi) as general advice .
Referencepresure of XL// is 41 psi ( eur 42 psi)