Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

18" CSL Reps

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

18" CSL Reps

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:56 pm

Well I went and bought a set last night, but I think I've got 4 fronts as they are all 8J rims! :oops: But if anyone can clarify this I'd be grateful. :thumbsup:

And they have 225/40 x 18 88W Kenda Kaiser tyres fitted, which don't seem to have very good reviews! :o

But for what I paid I'm not bothered!

Plan for now is to try them on the Z4 when the weather gets a bit better so I get to find out how it feels with non-RFTs, but longer term I'd rather keep the Z4 on its staggered 295s.

So the CSLs may go on my E91, as my current summers for that are only 17s.

I just can't seem to stop buying wheels! :roll:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

JamieZ4C

18" CSL Reps

Post by JamieZ4C » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:31 am

I'm pretty sure rears are 8.5, so it does sound like you've got four "fronts". Can only assume they were originally bought for a square setup car. Nothing bad about that, but the wider rears mean a deeper dish which is one of the main appeals of the CSLs for me.

I think I liked your 108s even more than the 295s to be honest. I think they suit the E86 so much. It's such a shame those wheels go so bad and are such a pain to refurb. It won't be long before they're a rare sight.

As for your CSLs, get them on the E91. 17s just won't do :roll:

ErrErrminator

18" CSL Reps

Post by ErrErrminator » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:39 am

My 18” CSL reps are 8” wide front and 8.5” rears with a deeper dish. Like you said though, if you got a bargain who cares! :)

IRD

18" CSL Reps

Post by IRD » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:38 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:56 pm Well I went and bought a set last night, but I think I've got 4 fronts as they are all 8J rims! :oops: But if anyone can clarify this I'd be grateful. :thumbsup:

And they have 225/40 x 18 88W Kenda Kaiser tyres fitted, which don't seem to have very good reviews! :o

But for what I paid I'm not bothered!

Plan for now is to try them on the Z4 when the weather gets a bit better so I get to find out how it feels with non-RFTs, but longer term I'd rather keep the Z4 on its staggered 295s.

So the CSLs may go on my E91, as my current summers for that are only 17s.

I just can't seem to stop buying wheels! :roll:
My wife is like that with shoes Iain. :wink:

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

18" CSL Reps

Post by Mr Tidy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:06 pm

JamieZ4C wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:31 am I'm pretty sure rears are 8.5, so it does sound like you've got four "fronts". Can only assume they were originally bought for a square setup car. Nothing bad about that, but the wider rears mean a deeper dish which is one of the main appeals of the CSLs for me.

I think I liked your 108s even more than the 295s to be honest. I think they suit the E86 so much. It's such a shame those wheels go so bad and are such a pain to refurb. It won't be long before they're a rare sight.

As for your CSLs, get them on the E91. 17s just won't do :roll:
Thanks, I thought that might be the case - it seems the CSL Reps were on a 1 Series before. Worst case would be to buy some spacers for the rear I suppose. I had to laugh at "17s just won't do" for my E91 - it's on winters at present and they're 16s! :oops:

I liked the 108s much more than my previous MV2s, but I actually prefer the 295s - not least because with the different offsets the stance is much better. And part of the plan was to part with the 108s before they needed a costly refurb - i didn't like them that much! :lol:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

18" CSL Reps

Post by Mr Tidy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:08 pm

IRD wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:38 pm My wife is like that with shoes Iain. :wink:
Well I suppose you could say I keep buying boots! :lol:
Coupes because stunning!
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black