Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Replacing RFT's

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
SPI

Replacing RFT's

Post by SPI » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:00 pm

Hi,

After reading numerous threads on here have decided to move from RFT to normal tyres, so will need something to deal with a dreaded punctuer.
My question is about the to different between BMW Genuine Tyre Inflation Compressor Mobility Kit and the BMW Genuine M-Mobility System?

BMW Genuine Tyre Inflation Compressor Mobility Kit seems to have everything you would need.

BMW Genuine M-Mobility System seems to be just the compressor and then you have to buy a M-Mobility System Tyre Sealer

A few threads have recommended the M-Mobility System, what are the advantages?
Do they do a complete M-Mobility System kit like the Tyre Inflation Compressor Mobility Kit ?
Or any other suggestions?

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

Replacing RFT's

Post by Ewazix » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:35 pm

I went with a cheap as chips 12v pump to keep in the boot with a tin of sealant at about £20 all in, I haven't used either in last 8 years (which reminds me that the sealant probably needs renewing :oops: ).
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Replacing RFT's

Post by Mr Tidy » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:55 pm

I'd just buy some Holts Tyre-Weld and a cheap compressor - if they can't cope I can't see an M-Mobility System doing any better!

If you don't want to rely on that get an E46 space-saver, jack and wheel-brace - but be prepared to lose more than 50% of the boot.

And/or join the AA/RAC, etc. as a last resort/back-up.
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black