Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Runflats -> Normal

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
Action Jackson

Runflats -> Normal

Post by Action Jackson » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:04 pm

Hiya Guys/Gals,

Just wondering where you guys went to get your tyres switched over?

Most places around my area have given me the 'It's not in our insurance to be able to fit tyres not provided by us' quote!

The only place that seems to be willing to change my runflats to standards want £20 a tyre :?

Not gonna lie but £80 for all four tyres seems a little bit steep to me? was gunna put the feelers out as to what other people here paid to get theirs done!

(in a bit of a rush as in 1 week im going on a trip to Germany so kinda need this done ASAP!)

Thanks!
Jack

philbo909

Runflats -> Normal

Post by philbo909 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:12 pm

Where do you live? Never had an issue having run flats changed off a car, just takes them a little bit longer
Sapphire black z4 coupe 135,000miles young

Crazy Harry

Runflats -> Normal

Post by Crazy Harry » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:38 pm

Are disposing of the old tyres? If yes then change; balance; new valves and getting rid of the old rubber for £20 a corner would be OK by me.

Beerman

Runflats -> Normal

Post by Beerman » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:44 pm

£15-20 a tyre is common these days.

It's not easy getting stiff low profile runflats off a rim. They'll need to make it worth their while and factor in profit for potential repairs.

Tyre places must have lost lots of trade with everyone buying from cheap online outlets.

kis
Lifer
Lifer

Runflats -> Normal

Post by kis » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:01 pm

Try this one if you're not sure where to go. I'm sure they wouldn't be on the site if they're a bunch of rookies!
https://www.blackcircles.com/garages/uk

Never had a problem with my wheels/tyres either. I've often sourced them from a cheap company (camskills have always been pretty good for me) and had them delivered straight to the tyre shop. Then I'll pop in after they've been delivered and have them fitted. I'd expect to pay £10-15.

Where abouts in the South East are you?
My E85 Z4 3.0i SMG

BMW Family History (past and present):
1 Series - E87
3 Series - E46 Coupe, E46 M3, E90 (x3)
4 Series - F36, F82 M4
5 Series - E34 (x2), E39
7 Series - E32
X5 - E53, E70
X6 - E71

Action Jackson

Runflats -> Normal

Post by Action Jackson » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:01 pm

Wow thanks for all the quick replies guys! (currently at work and sure id get my ass handed to me and a months pay deducted if i got caught on the forums :cry: )

I only say £80 sounds steep as my dad can get them done £10 a wheel through his work! Unfortunately with the time limit not sure if i can get to his mate in time :(

I live in uckfield in the south east! Like i said theres only been 1 place so far open on saturday who can do it charging £20 a tyre!

Might have to bite the bullet and go for it!

Action Jackson

Runflats -> Normal

Post by Action Jackson » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:53 pm

kis wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:01 pm Try this one if you're not sure where to go. I'm sure they wouldn't be on the site if they're a bunch of rookies!
https://www.blackcircles.com/garages/uk

Never had a problem with my wheels/tyres either. I've often sourced them from a cheap company (camskills have always been pretty good for me) and had them delivered straight to the tyre shop. Then I'll pop in after they've been delivered and have them fitted. I'd expect to pay £10-15.

Where abouts in the South East are you?
Thanks for the link!

The closest place that comes up told me they cant fit the tyres I brought due to insurance reasons :(

They did however say they can register and code a new battery i need to get put in my car. So swings and roundabouts!

Might try a few more places from that link and see if theres anything else about

kis
Lifer
Lifer

Runflats -> Normal

Post by kis » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:40 am

You can try this one for other options too: https://www.oponeo.co.uk/fitting-stations

Be worth double checking prices as sometimes they're wrong. Else agree on the phone all 4 done for £60?
My E85 Z4 3.0i SMG

BMW Family History (past and present):
1 Series - E87
3 Series - E46 Coupe, E46 M3, E90 (x3)
4 Series - F36, F82 M4
5 Series - E34 (x2), E39
7 Series - E32
X5 - E53, E70
X6 - E71

heavymetalthunder

Runflats -> Normal

Post by heavymetalthunder » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:19 pm

I've found generally smaller independent tyre places are more willing to fit tyres not supplied by them for a reasonable price.

If Brighton isn't too far for you to travel, it may be worth enquiring with Mobile Tyres on Providence Place (just behind London Road). It was a couple of years ago but they swapped the tyres on my old Mini for £40 all in (although that didn't include disposal as the runflats still had enough life to sell on).
E85 Z4 3.0i Roadster (manual) in Sterling Grey

Action Jackson

Runflats -> Normal

Post by Action Jackson » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:12 pm

Thought id just give y'all an update!

Managed to get my runflats switched over to some sexy vredestein's. The switch only cost £45 in the end.

I didn't think it would be possible, but i've fallen in love with my zed just a little bit more now! :oops:

She feels so much more better on the road now, can't believe it's taken me this long to do the switch! :D

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

Runflats -> Normal

Post by mr.tourette » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:43 pm

Jesus I'm spoilt.. I pay 6 quid a tyre :D

Good move on the vreds.. fantastic tyre for the price :thumbsup:
if its got tits or tyres..its trouble :D

Action Jackson

Runflats -> Normal

Post by Action Jackson » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:09 am

mr.tourette wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:43 pm Jesus I'm spoilt.. I pay 6 quid a tyre :D

Good move on the vreds.. fantastic tyre for the price :thumbsup:
£6?! Dam!

I thought my price was fairly good, considering it was my dads dodgy 'friend' who fitted them, my dad and his garage use him all the time (apparently!) My dad was NOT happy when he saw he charged him for VAT :lol:

I'm actually looking forward to waking up tomorrow and going to work cause i get a small drive :rofl: