Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

108 Refurbishment, how long are they likely to look good?

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
Magicarcher

Post by Magicarcher » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:19 pm

My Z4 is still on the original 108s and they are starting to look tatty. I am considering either refurbishing or replacing with aftermarket. I really like the 108s and would like to keep them, what is putting me off is that two guys at work had theirs refurbished (at different places) but after only 18 months one looks shocking (worse than my wheels now), the other is starting to oxidise beneath the laquer on the diamond cut rim section.

I'm not keen on spending £200+ getting mine refurbished if they are going to start looking tatty after 18 months.

What is the experience of you guys that have had 108s refurbished, for how long do they look good? and also did you get the rims diamond cut or powder coated silver?
Z4 3.0L 2005. Titan Silver. Audio Upgrade Second Stereo Pioneer X8700DAB, Sony Xplode 4 x 70W Amp, 6.5" Reckhorn Subs in rear cubby, Focal AS165-3 in fronts.

Zoomer

Post by Zoomer » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:03 pm

Didn’t have mine done ( changed to 224s) but I would say it’s down lol how well they are done , hoe well they are put back together and how bad a winter they are run through. Water and indeed salt water in winter will start to damage any surface not protected and as you need to expose the threads for the bolts this will always be an area of concern. Some have said that by using something to stop the salt water getting to the threads will help.
Sterling Grey 3.0i E85 Black Heated Leather M sports seats , 224's ,Sat Nav, Bluetooth, Xenons, PDC, Gaptech ,Cruise and a nice warm garage. NOW GONE
Silver 3.0i Z4 NOW GONE