Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

List 1B competition tyres

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
PDJ

Post by PDJ » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:45 pm

Just a thought has anyone used these tyres on a Z4
When I had my Westfield I used the 032 Yokohamas and the grip is in another league to normal road tyres, just thinking out loud really

https://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Product. ... lsrc=aw.ds

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mmm-five » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:46 pm

PDJ wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:45 pm Just a thought has anyone used these tyres on a Z4
When I had my Westfield I used the 032 Yokohamas and the grip is in another league to normal road tyres, just thinking out loud really
Not personally on a Z4, but you'll have to remember to get the 'E marked' (road legal) ones - which are significantly more expensive the 'non-E marked'.

They'll definitely grip well though - and I loved having proper track rubber (P-Zero C, Silverstone S585, Toyo R888, and a Dunlop one I can't remember) on my E34 M5 (great for scaring Caterwesticals through Craners).

For that sort of price, you might as well get Pilot Sport Cup 2 or P-Zero Corsa, or P-Zero Trofeo, or Nankang NS2-Rs (half the price, but probably last half as long), or even the newer Yoko A052.

It does help that you can get a spare set in the back of an e34, as you tend to leave the track with rear tyres like this...
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

brillomaster

Post by brillomaster » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:31 am

had a look at Federal 595 RSRs? cheap and very grippy, and the set on the rear of my zed has done 7 full trackdays and only looks about half worn.

mytyres seem to have them the cheapest at the moment, tyreleader also stock the entire range.