Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

New wheels and tyres

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
pbr67_zed

New wheels and tyres

Post by pbr67_zed » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:32 am

Finally got fed up with the crash bang wallop ride of my car on 19's with RFT's, so swapped to a set of 18's with Uniroyal RS3's.

Wow, what a difference :D from the moment I pulled off my drive it just felt like a different car, no more wincing at every minor road defect. No more slowing down to 10mph to get over the "traffic calming" humps in the local village. Generally a much more settled and comfortable ride - just wishing I'd made the switch earlier!

I know I may have lost a little of the "look" with the drop from 19 to 18, but it really doesn't bother me that much.

What this means is that I now have a set of gloss black 296's that I will be looking to part with, but haven't got a clue what sort of price to put on them. One of the rears has been welded in the past (before I bought the car) and now has another small crack in it (still holds pressure), but otherwise all in pretty good nick. Currently shod in Bridgestone RFT's, but I'm wondering if I may get more interest if I split them and sell separately.

philbo909

New wheels and tyres

Post by philbo909 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:35 am

:worthless:
Sapphire black z4 coupe 135,000miles young

pbr67_zed

New wheels and tyres

Post by pbr67_zed » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:06 pm

I think worthless is a bit harsh :wink: - I did include a question about the value of my old 296's, I'm sure others might find any info on that useful as well!

Anyway, enjoy...
zed_new_wheels.jpg
zed_new_wheels.jpg (217.95 KiB) Viewed 736 times