Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Riva DTMs - Any good ?? And Q for Mr Wilks ?

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
DibbleCorse

Post by DibbleCorse » Wed May 02, 2018 4:32 pm

Been offered a cracking deal on a set of new 19" Staggered Riva DTMs with Goodyear Eagle F!'s as part of a bigger package that includes a complete refurb of my 326's, have said I won't divulge the breakdown as they really are doing me a deal and have compared to all the usual vendors and no one is near.

Before I take the plunge, any horror stories about the Rivas ?? I was originally looking at Zito 935s but apparently the Rivas will take my BMW centre caps and M Badges as well ...

Just want to check before I commit....

As ever thanks ...

Also Mr Wilks - If you are reading this what size tyres would you settle on here ? M Sport 3.0 E89 lowered on Eibachs ....

Cheers all for any insight ....
Cars: E89 Z4 3.0i M Sport, VW Scirocco 2.0 GT TFSI
Bikes: Ducati 996, Ducati 999R Fila, Ducati Multistrada, Ducati Panigale 1199S
Pets: Charlie and Luigi the cats.
Wife: Just the one.
Instagram: Dibblecorse

Peterboroughdave

Post by Peterboroughdave » Wed May 02, 2018 4:52 pm

Hi,

My wife has a E89 3.0 on standard suspension and 326 wheels but looks far too high, especially the front.

Could you post some pictures (side and front views) of your car in the Eibachs and with the 326 wheels/ new wheels (ie. before and after pictures)

Thanks in anticipation

Dave

DibbleCorse

Post by DibbleCorse » Wed May 02, 2018 4:59 pm

Peterboroughdave wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 4:52 pm Hi,

My wife has a E89 3.0 on standard suspension and 326 wheels but looks far too high, especially the front.

Could you post some pictures (side and front views) of your car in the Eibachs and with the 326 wheels/ new wheels (ie. before and after pictures)

Thanks in anticipation

Dave
Dave, here you go .... showroom pic from just before I collected it ....

And more recently with the Eibachs fitted ....

The front drop is more evident but that was ideal ....... drives more directly and hopefully if I go for the Rivas with non runflats should improve again ......

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Wed May 02, 2018 5:27 pm

What specs are the Riva alloys ? widths + offsets ?
I haven't tried them myself but i do know others who have & can't recall any complaints .
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

Peterboroughdave

Post by Peterboroughdave » Wed May 02, 2018 7:18 pm

Thanks for the pictures, car looks great in silver and in fantastic condition.

I much prefer the lowered set upof your car on the Eibach's and with slight rake towards the front. Whilst I love the look of the 326 wheels I look forward to seeing the new wheels and it is great to see owners efforts to personalise their cars.

Would be good to hear effects of new suspension /tires on the ride quality.

Dave

DibbleCorse

Post by DibbleCorse » Wed May 02, 2018 9:26 pm

mr wilks wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 5:27 pm What specs are the Riva alloys ? widths + offsets ?
I haven't tried them myself but i do know others who have & can't recall any complaints .
Hello mate, awaiting offsets but they are talking 8J and 9J rather than the 8.5 /9.5 combo or should I be aiming for the latter?

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Wed May 02, 2018 9:40 pm

DibbleCorse wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 9:26 pm
mr wilks wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 5:27 pm What specs are the Riva alloys ? widths + offsets ?
Hello mate, awaiting offsets but they are talking 8J and 9J rather than the 8.5 /9.5 combo or should I be aiming for the latter?
Well 8j 9j are as 296 / 326 spec so no reason to change , the offsets i think you will get are et 34 front & et37 rear so pretty much the only difference to your current set up will be the fronts sitting 5mm further in . Tricky territory as you don't want to take the fronts out too much now you have lowered it but id want to be at least where the 326s are now if not 5mm further out .
Rears i would want similar so again id be wanting 5-10mm spacers which aren't ideal as unlikely to be hubcentric :(
If it was me id look for others more suited to the E89 as the Riva CSL DTM are more suited to non M E85 E86 , there's nothing worse than a lowered car with wheels that sit in :cry: you could try 15mm hubcentric to front + rear but it could be a touch too much depending on tyre size
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti

DibbleCorse

Post by DibbleCorse » Thu May 03, 2018 6:55 pm

mr wilks wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 9:40 pm
Well 8j 9j are as 296 / 326 spec so no reason to change , the offsets i think you will get are et 34 front & et37 rear so pretty much the only difference to your current set up will be the fronts sitting 5mm further in . Tricky territory as you don't want to take the fronts out too much now you have lowered it but id want to be at least where the 326s are now if not 5mm further out .
Rears i would want similar so again id be wanting 5-10mm spacers which aren't ideal as unlikely to be hubcentric :(
If it was me id look for others more suited to the E89 as the Riva CSL DTM are more suited to non M E85 E86 , there's nothing worse than a lowered car with wheels that sit in :cry: you could try 15mm hubcentric to front + rear but it could be a touch too much depending on tyre size
Hi

So he had confirmed those offsets but says they will fit as per the 326, is he just fudging the 5mm ? And alternative recommendations that would have the right offset?

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Thu May 03, 2018 7:01 pm

DibbleCorse wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 6:55 pm
mr wilks wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 9:40 pm

Hi

So he had confirmed those offsets but says they will fit as per the 326, is he just fudging the 5mm ? And alternative recommendations that would have the right offset?
Yes they will be very similar to 326s but not quite exact so imo you would want to take them out so i would expect a 10mm hubcentric spacer required
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti

DibbleCorse

Post by DibbleCorse » Thu May 03, 2018 7:25 pm

mr wilks wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 7:01 pm
Yes they will be very similar to 326s but not quite exact so imo you would want to take them out so i would expect a 10mm hubcentric spacer required
Ok, will have a think, have trawled and trawled, any ready to fit offset wheels you can think of without a need for a spacer..?

Ps will need an address for beer tokens once resolved lol

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Thu May 03, 2018 7:37 pm

DibbleCorse wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 7:25 pm
mr wilks wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 7:01 pm
Ok, will have a think, have trawled and trawled, any ready to fit offset wheels you can think of without a need for a spacer..?

Ps will need an address for beer tokens once resolved lol

If the wheels are what you want & the deal is great then go for it , just be ready once fitted that you "might" want to fit spacers to front & most likely 10mm ones .
In reality with E89s its the rear arches that cause the problems not the fronts , for some crazy reason the design of them is unlike any other Bmw i know in that they actually form a protruding lip behind the metal arch lip , feel it with your finger & you will wonder why they would ever design it that way .
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti

DibbleCorse

Post by DibbleCorse » Wed May 09, 2018 2:41 am

Right, update ...

Firstly that’s to Mr Wilks for all the great advice.

Wheels have been ordered and also 4 10mm hub centric spacers, plan is to open just one pack and test fit the spacers front and rear on one side, knowing I will definitely want them on the front, if required on the rear we’ll crack the second set open and fit the other side, if not take the rear one back off use it on the front and fit rear wheels without spacers, this means the 2nd set can go back on the shelf untouched as, my guy has cut me a deal on decent spacers too so all in all should be sorted in the next few days, will get pics up then ....

326’s will get bubble wrapped and stored once refurbed.

DibbleCorse

Post by DibbleCorse » Fri May 18, 2018 8:23 pm

Evening, mainly for Peterboroughdave .... here are the 'after pics'

Peterboroughdave

Post by Peterboroughdave » Sat May 19, 2018 3:53 pm

Thanks for the pictures, car looks great. :thumbsup:

After things have settled in it would be good to hear what you think of the ride quality and handling with the wider stance and lowered suspension.

PeterboroughDave