Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Barum Bravuris 2 tyres

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
greg81

Barum Bravuris 2 tyres

Post by greg81 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:11 pm

Now, I know these are classed as budget tyres and most will push to go for more expensive tyres but I've been reading a lot about these and they tick many boxes for various reasons...

1. I only use my car to commute and the odd weekend drive. I'm not racing around or taking it to the edge
2. Some can't afford to fork out £500+ for higher-end tyres
3. Barum owned by Continental and they're one of the most successful tyre manufacturers in Central Europe.

I appreciate that being owned by Continental doesn't auromatically make them great tyres, but it does give a certain peace of mind that they will be of good quality for the money being manufactured as "budget".

I found the results here quite interesting with the Bravuris 2 beating many pricier tyres in the rankings ahead of the likes of Toyo, Kumho and Uniroyal.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/20 ... e-Test.htm

Has anyone used these tyres? Are the good write-ups they get all bullshit?

Keen to hear (useful) opinions.

Cheers,
Greg

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Barum Bravuris 2 tyres

Post by mmm-five » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:40 pm

Can't see any reviews of them since 2012, so possibly been replaced by a newer version of the same tyre.

Can't comment on their performance though, as I've never tried them, but unless they're half the price of the big names I wouldn't consider them value for money - as they don't seem to excel in anything other than rolling resistance (which might mean you get 1mpg more) - and the wear rate might be worse which means you're paying half as much for a tyre which lasts half as long (just an example, as I said I've not tried/researched these myself).

What size are you looking at, and what price have you been quoted for 4?

There must me something out there at a similar price (e.g. the Nokian Z G2 or Hankook Ventus S1 evo2 in the test above) that someone on here has experience of (on a 200+bhp RWD car, rather than a FWD shopping cart, although I can't see any mention in the test linked about what vehicle the test was on).
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

Angelus666

Barum Bravuris 2 tyres

Post by Angelus666 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:56 pm

If all you're doing is 30mph in traffic on the commute then these will be fine I guess. However, for those occasions when you want to have some fun, push it a bit, these will no doubt be a little skittish and unpredictable when compared to a Michelin tyre for example.

I remember a time when I had to put cheap Chinese tyres on my CSL for a little while during winter...it was genuinely undrivable at times in the cold and wet, stepping out at 20mph on roundabouts. Scary.

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

Barum Bravuris 2 tyres

Post by mr.tourette » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:22 pm

They are are a decent enough tyre for a daily driver, had a set years ago on my honda... main downside is they do seem to wear quickly, unless they were very cheap I think you can find better for your cash these days
if its got tits or tyres..its trouble :D

greg81

Barum Bravuris 2 tyres

Post by greg81 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:43 pm

Thanks all, I'm going to hold off until the right set comes along, and intact I've just been offered a pair of Continue SportContact6 with 6mm for only a tenner more!

greg81

Barum Bravuris 2 tyres

Post by greg81 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:18 am

Ended up with the 2 6mm Contis (255/35/19) for £110 and 2 brand new Uniroyal RS3 (235/35/19) for £150!

Think i did pretty well there