Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Bluetooth tyre pressure monitors

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:34 pm

Just checked my tyre pressures.... embarassed to say it’s been a while and they were very low! I was wondering if anyone has any experience with bluetooth tyre pressure monitors? Seems like a pretty cool idea, especially if they interface to an app rather than a bespoke unit.
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

ph001
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ph001 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:07 pm

Battery life could be an issue. I wonder if they could build some kind of kinetic charge circuit that puts energy into the battery with movement. A bit like those watches that recharge every time you have a w**k.
2007 E85 Z4 3.0Si manual :driving:
19" CSL's | Eibach Springs | Aeroskirts | Z4M front bumper | Clear brake light | ZHP | RCH+| Stubby

2004 E46 M3 coupe manual - gone but not forgotten.

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:23 pm

Yeah, looking at reviews the concern is the cap itself causing leakage and dropping the pressure. Also they are quite large
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme