Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
pell
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:09 pm

Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3

Post by pell » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:20 pm

hi everyone, its time to ditch the runflats now and im looking at these as most people on here give good reviews, trouble is i find kwickfit are the cheapest but whats the difference in Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 and Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 as they dont seem to do the same tyre in both the staggered size, thanks, in advance.

Online
User avatar
Buckz
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1104
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:00 am
Location: West sussex

Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3

Post by Buckz » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:27 pm

One is older design the other is newer. As2s I liked as3s in my opinion are not as good. I'd go for something else like Yokohama advan 105s or rain sport 3s from Uniroyal.
Image

pell
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:09 pm

Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3

Post by pell » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:38 pm

so do we think it would be a bad idea to put the 3s on the back and the 2s on the front ?

User avatar
dhobbs
Member
Member
Posts: 813
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:33 pm

Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3

Post by dhobbs » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:52 pm

pell wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:38 pm
so do we think it would be a bad idea to put the 3s on the back and the 2s on the front ?
Thats what i have at the moment but only because I replaced the rears recently.
No problems with them and i haven't crashed it either so can't be that bad!
3.0si roadster. Requisite stubby. Sound gen mod. LED numberplate lights. LED boot strip. Interior lights LED too. Dension. ZHP gearknob. Daily drive :driving:
Motor in boot now! Bilstein b12 kit now fitted.

pell
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:09 pm

Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3

Post by pell » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:57 pm

well thats a bonus .

User avatar
Tyreman
Member
Member
Posts: 263
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:01 pm
Location: Staffordshire

Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3

Post by Tyreman » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:01 pm

Both good tyres, what size are you on............can't you make an adjustment so that you can have a matching set ?

pell
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:09 pm

Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3

Post by pell » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:21 pm

hi, im on 255, 35 18 rear and 225, 40, 18 front, i can have a matching set if i go 245, 40 rear, does anyone in the know think this would be ok ? i have a staggered set of mv2s, thanks for any advice.

User avatar
Tyreman
Member
Member
Posts: 263
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:01 pm
Location: Staffordshire

Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3

Post by Tyreman » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:37 pm

pell wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:21 pm
hi, im on 255, 35 18 rear and 225, 40, 18 front, i can have a matching set if i go 245, 40 rear, does anyone in the know think this would be ok ? i have a staggered set of mv2s, thanks for any advice.
What about going for "M" sizes of 225/45R18 & 255/40R18............can they match those for you ?

pell
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:09 pm

Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3

Post by pell » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:38 pm

actually no, i cant even have a match with that set up now ive looked again, maybe i should just put my 17s back on, grr, cant really get a match with any staggered size in Eagle F1 Asymmetric so maybe thats why they are the cheapest.

User avatar
Tyreman
Member
Member
Posts: 263
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:01 pm
Location: Staffordshire

Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3

Post by Tyreman » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:45 pm

pell wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:38 pm
actually no, i cant even have a match with that set up now ive looked again, maybe i should just put my 17s back on, grr, cant really get a match with any staggered size in Eagle F1 Asymmetric so maybe thats why they are the cheapest.
Try Tyreleader.co.uk they are showing 225/40R18 & 255/35R18 in stock.................I've just used these to order winter tyres for my wifes & daughters Minis :thumbsup:

pell
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:09 pm

Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3

Post by pell » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:52 pm

thanks mate, great call from you, all in stock so i will see where to get fitted, cheers.

User avatar
Tyreman
Member
Member
Posts: 263
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:01 pm
Location: Staffordshire

Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3

Post by Tyreman » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:57 pm

pell wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:52 pm
thanks mate, great call from you, all in stock so i will see where to get fitted, cheers.
No problem..........they're usually pretty cheap too so hope you got a good deal ? :)

pell
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:09 pm

Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3

Post by pell » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:00 pm

Tyreman wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:57 pm
pell wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:52 pm
thanks mate, great call from you, all in stock so i will see where to get fitted, cheers.
No problem..........they're usually pretty cheap too so hope you got a good deal ? :)
well after paying for fitting they work out same price as kwickfit so happy days.

User avatar
Tyreman
Member
Member
Posts: 263
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:01 pm
Location: Staffordshire

Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3

Post by Tyreman » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:12 pm

pell wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:00 pm
Tyreman wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:57 pm
pell wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:52 pm
thanks mate, great call from you, all in stock so i will see where to get fitted, cheers.
No problem..........they're usually pretty cheap too so hope you got a good deal ? :)
well after paying for fitting they work out same price as kwickfit so happy days.
Cool :driving:

User avatar
NickDE
Member
Member
Posts: 714
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:21 pm
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne

Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3

Post by NickDE » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:19 pm

I switched my Z4C from Pirelli P Zero's to Asymmetric 3's, as I was fed up with the noise from the Pirelli's.
I find the Asymmetric 3's much quieter, more comfortable and more predictable. The Pirelli's felt like they have more grip in ideal conditions, but got more easily caught out by damp, poor surfaces etc.
Darkness gone, go Darknes2, go Frozen, go Tronic

Post Reply