Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

location of oil filter on E89 2.0l

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Tricky Dicky

location of oil filter on E89 2.0l

Post by Tricky Dicky » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:54 am

Can anyone tell me where oil filter is on a 2.0l E89 ? my Zeds going in for its two year service and I want to put a mark on the oil filter to check its been replaced , thanks
2013 E89 Z4 2.0L M Spec titanium silver,black leather,comfort pack, 19" 326 alloys ,I love this car. :driving:

GaryT

Re: location of oil filter on E89 2.0l

Post by GaryT » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:38 am

i suspect you believe it is the metal can type, bmw use paper element filters which fit inside a pot on the upper front part of the engine.

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:14 am

The only thing you can do put a decreet mark on the housing and cap where they meet. If they replace they won't line up.

However if you have that much doubt I would be using a different garage.

Tricky Dicky

Post by Tricky Dicky » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:31 am

Hi ,You are correct I did think it was a canister type , thank you responding,we had an MX5 a few years ago that went in for. Cam belt change and major service I marked the oil filter all drain plugs and observed the oil colour . I checked after the service the filter and drain Plugs had not moved :thumbsdown: , :telloff: I had a company car where the garage forgot to refill with oil after a service , another at Volkswagen. Main dealer decided to replace an entire A/C assembly because of a corroded wire was causing the heating system to shut down ,he did the work without telling me, there was nothing wrong with the A/C that was in the car, so for these reasons I don't trust garages though the BMW dealership I am using so far have been OK , I'll advise you all of the results of the service also they are respraying the entire plastic nose section under warranty, the dealership i purchased the car from had the car as a demo car before I purchased it and they did a smart repair which in certain light looks iffy ,I'm also greeting the 326 alloys checked for cracks,watch this space.I'll give you all the gory details Wednesday next week :guns: fingers crossed
2013 E89 Z4 2.0L M Spec titanium silver,black leather,comfort pack, 19" 326 alloys ,I love this car. :driving:

Tricky Dicky

Post by Tricky Dicky » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:43 pm

Had polite phone call body shop manager advised the paint booth being refurbished would I mind having paint rectification put back a few days I said of course no probs means my car won't be first to be done after refurb work also 2year service will now be done before the front nose is removed and re sprayed , result , :thumbsup: so it's going in a week on Monday wife will get a loner as well

thepits

Post by thepits » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:42 pm

Tricky Dicky wrote: wife will get a loner as well
Off the street? To keep her company whilst you check on the Zed? :rofl:

Cats know your every thought.
But don't care.

Tricky Dicky

Post by Tricky Dicky » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:37 pm

thepits wrote:
Tricky Dicky wrote: wife will get a loner as well
Off the street? To keep her company whilst you check on the Zed? :rofl:
I've got company car so loner is for the bread knife :driving: while our Zeds at the local BMW shop,