Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Dump Valve/ Blow off Valve for E89?!?

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
morenoaj

Post by morenoaj » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:19 pm

Cant find anything on the net about installation or parts.

I have a sDrive20i 2013 and I want to install a dump valve. My last car was a 120i but before that I had a Silvia s13, that was straight foward with tonnes or parts available to purchase and bolt on.

If anyone knows any info or has indeed installed a Dump valve on their z4, please fill me in!

Cheers in advanced.

AJ.

VRSteve

Post by VRSteve » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:05 am

Just hand back the Z4 and get another piece of jap crap.

I suspect if you dump to atmosphere the ECU will s**t itself
///M|Silver Grey|Black Leather|BT|Nav|DSP|Heated Seats|PDC|Stubby|Turner Limiters|Turner Rear Top Mounts|Bilstein B12|Powerflex ARB Bushes|Powerflex Lollipops|M-Track|
SOLD

morenoaj

Post by morenoaj » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:39 pm

:thumbsup: thanks pal

Does anyone else know or have any advice on how to upgrade the car's performance? Thinking back, I probably should have gone for the 3.0.

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:46 pm

The easiest way is surely just to get the car remapped, no dump valve required for that I should think :?
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MACK » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:00 pm

These days your surely talking about your car having a diverter valve rather than a true dump valve otherwise as others have said you will screw your cars running up.
If your looking for a chav noise like a true dump valve then your seriously on the wrong forum however if its part of a package of upgrades including a remap I can understand your motivation but you wont get any extra noise from an uprated diverter valve.
My wife has an uprated diveter valve on her stage 2 Scirocco purely because the standard diaphram ones aren't the best and a piston one is much more reliable. It makes no more noise than standard.
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

Flyingfifer

Post by Flyingfifer » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:36 pm

VRSteve wrote:Just hand back the Z4 and get another piece of jap crap.

I suspect if you dump to atmosphere the ECU will s**t itself
most useful post ever! :roll:

From a point of pure ignorance does the car currently recirculate (like what Evo's do)?
You can get recirculating valves that give a slightly louder "chuffle" I used a Forge recirc on my Evo held the pressure better as well with the firmer springing just be careful and make sure you get one that is configured to the correct pressure :thumbsup:
2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings

Flyingfifer

Post by Flyingfifer » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:53 pm

found these....
They might not fit though! They are for the N20 engine which I doubt they changed for the E89 but it doesnt specifically list the E89 as compatible

Noisy atmospheric one
Full Recirc one
2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings

RafaelDEN

Post by RafaelDEN » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:39 am

my line goes from the intake down to the modulator valve NO CHECK VALVE. what does that mean.car shifts fine though

willgill

Post by willgill » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:50 am

Swap out the charge pipe to an aftermarket one, shove on whatever dump valve you like, won't do a thing for performance though.

better to spend your money on de-cat down pipes or an evolve (et al) remap

R.E92

Post by R.E92 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:06 pm

I'm with Steve on this one. Go buy a Golf instead, probably more your scene!

I don't know what performance you expect to gain installing a chav whistle to your car.

Manfred

Post by Manfred » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:25 pm

R.E92 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:06 pm I'm with Steve on this one. Go buy a Golf instead, probably more your scene!

I don't know what performance you expect to gain installing a chav whistle to your car.
A dump valve is not for me either, but I don't understand this when there are endless threads on modifications including louder exhausts.

Are some mods approved and others not?
2006 Z4MC Silver Grey

R.E92

Post by R.E92 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:24 pm

Manfred wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:25 pm
R.E92 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:06 pm I'm with Steve on this one. Go buy a Golf instead, probably more your scene!

A dump valve is not for me either, but I don't understand this when there are endless threads on modifications including louder exhausts.

Are some mods approved and others not?
Exhausts are a tricky one. Done well they enhance a car. Taking things like the catalytic converters out of the exhaust often make them sound louder and add power. I personally wouldn't want my exhaust any louder but if I owned a V8/10/12 then I'd most likely have some form of sportier exhaust.
There's plenty of bad exhausts out there, any 4 cylinder car with a loud exhaust often sounds complete crap.

A blow-off valve is just complete bollocks. There's no reason you would choose to dump charged air to atmosphere over recirculating it. It's associated with reprobates in trash cars. It goes in the same bin as stretched tyres and neon under-lighting.

The_Dude

Post by The_Dude » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:49 am

If that's what the OP wants, then let him. It's completely down to the owner as to how they want their car to be.

Yeah we can have our own opinion, but to start casting aspersions about him purely on him wanting a certain mod, isn't helpful. Not really what the forum is about. Shame it's happening a little more often on here.

My opinion on diverters, can sometime add a little extra notable noise, but I wouldn't do it, unless (as posted above) it's part of a remap or other upgrade that might benefit. Forge do nice work and I'm sure an email to them might be worthwhile.
E89 23i M Sport, Saphire Black, Canberra Beige Leather.
Mods: De-badged, blue callipers, gloss black LCI's and roll over hoops, black performance grills, stubby aerial, rear carbon diffuser, gunmetal powdercoated alloys, custom stainless cat back exhaust.