Upgrade Angel Eyes

How-To articles are in here.
User avatar
mr wilks
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 18574
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:02 pm
Location: Lancs or Normandy , i don't mind which

Upgrade Angel Eyes

Post by mr wilks » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:31 pm

Just received the upgrade kit i ordered a few weeks back off "Kugaman" link https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Canbus-120W- ... 2749.l2649

All i can say is for those like myself on the E89 pre facelift yellow halo's is spend the £20 & be instantly WoWed with the improvement :thumbsup:
Z history
E86
E85
Grey///MR
Si E85
E89 23i
Si E85
E86
3.0Si E85
Imola///MR
35i Msport 6spd
E86
E86

Titanium silver///MR :driving:

Image


https://www.instagram.com/andybmwheels/

User avatar
Dave1971
Member
Member
Posts: 714
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:20 pm

Upgrade Angel Eyes

Post by Dave1971 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:17 pm

mr wilks wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:31 pm
Just received the upgrade kit i ordered a few weeks back off "Kugaman" link https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Canbus-120W- ... 2749.l2649

All i can say is for those like myself on the E89 pre facelift yellow halo's is spend the £20 & be instantly WoWed with the improvement :thumbsup:

The set I ordered arrived a few days ago and for the money they are great :thumbsup: :)
Gone but not forgotten 2004 Z4 2.2 se.
Sold (sadly) 2007 Imola Red Z4MR.
Gone to a new home 2006 Ruby Black 3.0si Roadster.
Now 2009 35i sDrive

User avatar
Kugaman1
Member
Member
Posts: 367
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:16 pm
Location: North East Scotland

Upgrade Angel Eyes

Post by Kugaman1 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:08 am

Glad to hear you are as impressed as I was!

For £20 they are an absolute steal! I should have negotitated a commission with the seller :rofl:

Seriously, I cannot see how the much more expensive bulbs would be any better?

User avatar
mr wilks
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 18574
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:02 pm
Location: Lancs or Normandy , i don't mind which

Upgrade Angel Eyes

Post by mr wilks » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:21 am

Kugaman1 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:08 am
Glad to hear you are as impressed as I was!

For £20 they are an absolute steal! I should have negotitated a commission with the seller :rofl:

Seriously, I cannot see how the much more expensive bulbs would be any better?
Me neither , quality feel about the product too , 5mins to fit both sides & pics don't really convey the transformation .
Z history
E86
E85
Grey///MR
Si E85
E89 23i
Si E85
E86
3.0Si E85
Imola///MR
35i Msport 6spd
E86
E86

Titanium silver///MR :driving:

Image


https://www.instagram.com/andybmwheels/

User avatar
Gaffa22
Member
Member
Posts: 391
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:31 am

Upgrade Angel Eyes

Post by Gaffa22 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:53 am

Fitted mine yesterday well pleased will have a play with Carly and adjust the brightness, 5 mins to fit as the others have said.
Before
Image

After
Image
2010 E89 35i DCT
2017 Honda CBR1000RR fireblade
2016 Honda VFR1200F
Image

warmasice
Member
Member
Posts: 433
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:16 pm

Upgrade Angel Eyes

Post by warmasice » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:05 pm

Hi folks,
There seems like a big difference in brightness between the white inner and outer rings. Is the difference more pronounced than the factory yellow rings? Thinking about purchasing some but on the fence at the minute.

Thanks
Image

User avatar
Gaffa22
Member
Member
Posts: 391
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:31 am

Upgrade Angel Eyes

Post by Gaffa22 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:21 pm

Well worth the risk for £25 and 5 mins of your time I reckon
2010 E89 35i DCT
2017 Honda CBR1000RR fireblade
2016 Honda VFR1200F
Image

flybobbie
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1326
Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 8:27 pm

Upgrade Angel Eyes

Post by flybobbie » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:52 pm

I bought these cheap one's work great. The outer will never be even with the inner, but i leave my main lights all the time. so the outer being less bright is not noticed.

Maniac
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 8134
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:52 pm

Upgrade Angel Eyes

Post by Maniac » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:44 pm

warmasice wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:05 pm
Hi folks,
There seems like a big difference in brightness between the white inner and outer rings. Is the difference more pronounced than the factory yellow rings? Thinking about purchasing some but on the fence at the minute.

Thanks
This is indeed the case as the rings are a different size and the lighting offset.

warmasice
Member
Member
Posts: 433
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:16 pm

Upgrade Angel Eyes

Post by warmasice » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:04 am

I may just get a set for that price. Ta
Image

User avatar
Nick9one1
Member
Member
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:48 am
Location: Newark, Nottinghamshire

Upgrade Angel Eyes

Post by Nick9one1 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:36 am

I wish I'd seen this thread earlier!

I've tried a few bulbs in my E89 with limited success.

first I tried some 80W LED's from ebay - only the inner ring lit.
So I then moved onto a 55w HID kit. - works but bulbs are too long.

So yesterday I ordered some of the new OSRAM COOL BLUE BOOST H9's

They promise to be 5000k so should match the HID's quite well. Reviews look good. They aren't road legal, but then neither are any of the LED's.

(road legal halogens need to be 4200 Kelvin or less, and 55w or less)
Z4 35i Space Gray, Red Leather
MHD 98RON Stage 2+
Stepped Intercooler
De-Cat Downpipes
HKS SSQV

Jimbob456
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:13 pm

Upgrade Angel Eyes

Post by Jimbob456 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:42 pm

Just got around to fitting some, great transformation and for only £20. Thanks for the link

User avatar
Moomoo1979
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 5:08 pm

Upgrade Angel Eyes

Post by Moomoo1979 » Mon May 28, 2018 8:01 am

They look great :thumbsup:

I shall be purchasing these for mine ... a bit more expensive but prefer to deal in the UK.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 1843606211
Look after your car and it will look after you :driving:

taranfx
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:25 am

Upgrade Angel Eyes

Post by taranfx » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:27 am

Problem is on the passenger side, there is no room to rotate it anticlockwise. Its blocked by some screws and other parts. However, there is enough room in clockwise direction but it doesnt unscrew that way.

Any pointers?

User avatar
Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 3112
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:59 pm
Location: Paisley

Upgrade Angel Eyes

Post by Nictrix » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:23 am

taranfx wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:27 am
Problem is on the passenger side, there is no room to rotate it anticlockwise. Its blocked by some screws and other parts. However, there is enough room in clockwise direction but it doesnt unscrew that way.

Any pointers?
From what I remember both bulbs unscrew in different directions.
This caused me confusion when I was putting the new one in as I forgot and spent ages trying to screw the new bulb in the wrong way.
E89 2010 23i M Sport Black with Black leather

Post Reply