Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Upgrade Angel Eyes

How-To articles are in here.
Tarzan

Upgrade Angel Eyes

Post by Tarzan » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:28 pm

Unfortunately given the design of our headlights there will always be a difference between the interior and exterior rings.
But I ask to see these new bulbs.
Marketing or innovation? We will see. :headbang:

Silverstar

Upgrade Angel Eyes

Post by Silverstar » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:46 am

Tarzan wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:28 pm Unfortunately given the design of our headlights there will always be a difference between the interior and exterior rings.
But I ask to see these new bulbs.
Marketing or innovation? We will see. :headbang:
This is true even with normal halogen bulbs you can see the outer ring is not as bright but it is much brighter than the LED bulbs that people have been installing so far. I tried the LEDS and sometimes you can barely see any light in the outer ring at all. The Chinese have their new year holidays coming up next week so I doubt I'll get a response until after they get back. If the bulb is true 360º and the position where the light is given out the same as a halogen bulb then I think they could work well. Hopefully they will respond soon.
2009 sdrive30i auto Sapphire Black / Coral Red

swagmeister

Upgrade Angel Eyes

Post by swagmeister » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:40 pm

Following with interest Silverstar.
Ive dabbled with LED bulbs in various guises for various fitments for various cars over the years and have never really had a good experience with them. regardless of where they are sourced from or how expensive they are Ive found fitment usually poor or lifespan worse than atrocious.
Id love a brighter whiter look on my 2013 E89 rings but I dont want to pull the trigger until a brand \ supplier has been tried and tested.

Tarzan

Upgrade Angel Eyes

Post by Tarzan » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:12 pm

And that's not 360 °

I am far
Attachments
1200px-_Candle_.jpg
1200px-_Candle_.jpg (65.51 KiB) Viewed 3711 times

Tarzan

Upgrade Angel Eyes

Post by Tarzan » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:00 am

Silverstar

Upgrade Angel Eyes

Post by Silverstar » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:31 am

Tarzan wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:00 am They are there
[url]https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/33026879 ... b201603_53]
Same design different manufacturer, the ones I am looking at are made by Eklight who's products are of very high quality. In china you will find so many factories producing visually the same thing but with different qualities, so I don't know about the one in the alibaba link. But if you look at the videos and photos you can see the light does shine 360º, the next question is if the position where the light shines is the same position as a halogen bulb.

Silverstar

Upgrade Angel Eyes

Post by Silverstar » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:39 am

swagmeister wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:40 pm Following with interest Silverstar.
Ive dabbled with LED bulbs in various guises for various fitments for various cars over the years and have never really had a good experience with them. regardless of where they are sourced from or how expensive they are Ive found fitment usually poor or lifespan worse than atrocious.
Id love a brighter whiter look on my 2013 E89 rings but I dont want to pull the trigger until a brand \ supplier has been tried and tested.
This is why I tend not to fit LEDS to the exterior. I only use them for the interior.

stijohnny

Upgrade Angel Eyes

Post by stijohnny » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:26 pm

Silverstar wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:39 am
swagmeister wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:40 pm Following with interest Silverstar.
This is why I tend not to fit LEDS to the exterior. I only use them for the interior.
l fitted MTEC Maruta Angel Eyes after trying other cheaper versions from EBAY. The MTEC lamps are much brighter but importantly they are adjustable too. You can twist them round to ensure you get the most amount of light to each halo, then you can remove and lock them with an allen key so that they always stay in the correct place. Im happy with them, I think they were £140 from Hids direct.

Adil_3

Upgrade Angel Eyes

Post by Adil_3 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:11 pm

So I've just done my Lil update from standard yellow to led. My angel eyes are coded to maximum brightness as a lil background info.

purchased https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3287351 ... 4c4dTsdNlB - installation was a bit of a mess, the size of the led meant that I had to do some sorcery with trying to get them in, then turning them to lock was even more painful. I've cut open my hand but anyways - installation was havoc. now for the results.
IMG_2473.jpg
IMG_2473.jpg (149.81 KiB) Viewed 2175 times
IMG_2475_2.jpg
IMG_2475_2.jpg (148.97 KiB) Viewed 2175 times
noticed one thing - After installation, I went to test the led, left it on for like probably 5-10 mins whilst I was on the phone. Came back to sort out the resistor and the cables and boom! burnt my hand on the resistor was super hot. Sure enough, it's normal but got me worried about touching the OEM wires and causing any issues so I've plugged them managed to house them safely.

so really not very happy with the results, If anyone could recommend me better angel eyes without breaking the bank that would be much appreciated.