Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Bonnet Badge

How-To articles are in here.
BLZ

Bonnet Badge

Post by BLZ » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:39 am

I have had my Z for about a month now, Bought it 2nd hand from a garage. Its a 2012 2.0 S-Drive. There were a lot of stone chips on the front valance and the garage agreed to respray it for me. It looks like a very good job. I noticed that the bonnet badge seemed to wobble and under closer inspection discovered that it had been fixed on with double-sided tape. All the info I collected on the net suggested that it pushes into two grommets and to remove it you squeeze it out bit at a time. This is not true.
To remove the badge first remove the cover over the radiator. Simple 4 bolts. This will allow you access to the underside of the badge. The badge is secured to the bonnet by 2 nuts with self-cutting threads. 10mm if I recall. There are no grommets just 3 holes. The top one is just to centralise the badge. As all badges attach differently body shop people just assume the pull out thus breaking the lugs.
2012 S drive 2-0. Deep Sea Blue