Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Replacing Bwttery - Reset required?

How-To articles are in here.
robbee

Replacing Bwttery - Reset required?

Post by robbee » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:23 pm

Hi all,

If I remove the battery to charge it (dont have a garage) will I have any problems when reconnecting it? Is some kind of a dealer reset required, Is there any procedure I should follow?

Thanks for any advice,

robbee

Bing
Legend
Legend

Re: Replacing Bwttery - Reset required?

Post by Bing » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:32 pm

You'll need to reset the clock, and also the one touch window function. That's it.

Window reset options here, different ones work on different cars :

http://www.shipkiller.com/Window_Initia ... dures.html

Though if it's out for a long time - don't know how long, sorry - the car may go into 'transport mode' from what I have read, but you'll need to do a search to find out more about that.
Last edited by Bing on Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:36 pm

Pretty sure number 3 worked on mine :thumbsup:
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

Nazy06

Post by Nazy06 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:22 pm

You'll know it's in Transport Mode as more than likely the heater/AC won't work properly and will only give a very minor blow, I know this as mine is currently in transport mode, to get get out of TM will have to have a reset done from a garage to 'delete' TM, again I know this as BMW did this on mine and fixed the problem but because I'm having battery failure problems it went back into TM.

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:48 pm

It won't go into transport mode if battery is not connected. It's when it us send draining down that causes the problem. My old z4 drained twice though but never went into transport mode, so I guess its pot luck on that front.

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:23 pm

robbee wrote:Hi all,

If I remove the battery to charge it (dont have a garage) will I have any problems when reconnecting it? Is some kind of a dealer reset required, Is there any procedure I should follow?

Thanks for any advice,

robbee
If it's only as a maintenance charge, have you thought about a PV (solar) battery charger ?
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Z4M-2006
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Z4M-2006 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:46 pm

Nazy06 wrote:You'll know it's in Transport Mode as more than likely the heater/AC won't work properly and will only give a very minor blow, I know this as mine is currently in transport mode, to get get out of TM will have to have a reset done from a garage to 'delete' TM, again I know this as BMW did this on mine and fixed the problem but because I'm having battery failure problems it went back into TM.

Whats this very minor blow you speak of..? :P