Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

programming encoding servicing software tools and usage

How-To articles are in here.
tintoverano

Post by tintoverano » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:47 pm

I will start collecting the videos I create about using various software tools for programming, encoding and servicing our cars in this post

they are also available in this youtube playlist
mSport 23i
Coding Help, Stubby, Remap, K&N filter, Cruise Ctrl, Reverse cam, Instrument Cluster Color, UR front brace, CDV delete, Android on CIC, Roof Module, LSD

tintoverano

Post by tintoverano » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:50 pm

the latest tool I used is a diagnostic program: Testo

works for many bmw engines with cool features like real time graphing, saving data into CSV file and many more

mSport 23i
Coding Help, Stubby, Remap, K&N filter, Cruise Ctrl, Reverse cam, Instrument Cluster Color, UR front brace, CDV delete, Android on CIC, Roof Module, LSD

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:22 pm

Excellent work...if you want to offer a remote install service for the BMW suites I’ll pay (a bit)...tried a few times and never got the whole lot to work on an E89..

tintoverano

Post by tintoverano » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:21 am

happy to do remote help, please send a PM and we can discuss the details
mSport 23i

tintoverano

Post by tintoverano » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:37 am

started using another screen capture tool (the Windows 10 built-in one cannot capture dialogs and this does cursor highlight too, for free)

so, I got a new video to show how to check if an ECU can be updated using WinKFP (based on the installed data files)

ISTA does this for you, but WinKFP can do it as well

mSport 23i

tintoverano

Post by tintoverano » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:37 am

I started working with Minis, but the BimmerGeeks guys are tricky and hid the INPA model menu config

in the video I'll show how to customize the BimmerGeeks INPA model menu

mSport 23i

tintoverano

Post by tintoverano » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:44 am

just passed MOT and decided to update the ECUs to the latest integration level finally, my car never got the treatment

and re-code practical features (e.g remember A/C settings, etc.), which got lost during the update

didn't do a video, it is not fun to watch progress bars moving, instead here's the list of tools I'm using

ECU update
- ISTA P
- BimmerGeeks Pro K-DCAN USB cable (so you don't need ICOM :rofl: , only for MOST attached ECUs)
- PSU for solid, stable voltage (made it from a Dell server psu, you can find my earlier post in the How To section)

programmed all the ECUS in one go, except the DME for whatever reasons, went down very smooth
IMG_20201127_115911.jpg
IMG_20201127_115911.jpg (124.96 KiB) Viewed 2545 times
  • coding features
- NCSExpert from the BMW standard software
- SP-Daten v67
  • voltage supply setup
IMG_20201127_184744.jpg
IMG_20201127_184744.jpg (104.7 KiB) Viewed 2545 times
  • dash looks like a xmas tree before ISTA P deletes the faults codes created by the update process
IMG_20201127_115602.jpg
IMG_20201127_115602.jpg (129.44 KiB) Viewed 2545 times
stay safe :driving:

send me a PM, if interested in setting up sw on your laptop
mSport 23i

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:54 am

Good stuff great resource :thumbsup:

Mojito

Post by Mojito » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:02 pm

Thank you Tintoverano for setting my laptop up with software and then coding for me. (all remotely, I hasten to add) You did a great job :thumbsup:
Now it's setup, should I decide to dip my toes into the murky world of BMW coding, I've got something to work with :lol:
E85 3.0i SE Sterling Grey, 2004
E89 20i SDrive M Sport - Mineral Grey - Sold

tintoverano

Post by tintoverano » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:43 pm

Mojito wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:02 pm Thank you Tintoverano for setting my laptop up with software and then coding for me. (all remotely, I hasten to add) You did a great job :thumbsup:
Now it's setup, should I decide to dip my toes into the murky world of BMW coding, I've got something to work with :lol:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
mSport 23i

tintoverano

Post by tintoverano » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:46 pm

hi,

recently I recoded the oil service interval on the car to 15k km from the factory 30k, since I'm changing oil every 15k and got tired of remembering :D

it involves using NCSExpert and ISTA-D

let me know if you're interested how to do it and I'll shoot a video

cheers
mSport 23i

Demmo81

Post by Demmo81 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:33 pm

Hi I would like to update my 2011 z4 23i ecu if possible remotely can you let me know how we can do that remotely? @tintoverano