Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

How to Replace and Register a New Battery

How-To articles are in here.
aymamibrockway

Post by aymamibrockway » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:55 pm

R.E92 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:05 am
aymamibrockway wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:57 pm
I did google it first. Sorry to frickin bother you. I came here hoping for more intelligent information than is available from google. Evidently I overestimated my chances. You're a noob too with only 10 posts. Don't act like a pompous expert. You reflect badly upon the entire forum. If you can't contribute with an intelligent response, don't bother wasting my or anyone else's time.
There's no such thing as an ISTA cable or INPA cable. ISTA and INPA are BMW software packages for diagnostic and maintenance. The reason these terms get conflated is that the sellers of these items tend to be non-proficient with the English language and just smash a load of phrases together to get more clicks on their Amazon or Ebay listing.

When buying a cable all that matters is if it supports KLine or DCAN. For your E85 you only need to bother with KLine so pretty much any cable out there will work, it's only when looking for cables that support DCAN you end up with problems.

You don't need to bother with ISTA for the E85/86, stick with INPA if you just need error code reading.
Thank you very much. This is what I was looking for and exactly why I come here. Your response clears up so much confusion and goes directly to the point. You're correct about the non-proficient English sellers. Totally confused me (not that that is hard to do :? ). So, Kline and INPA it is! That should certainly get me going in the right direction. Thanks and I apologize to the OP and the forum for getting a bit testy earlier. That was out of line.
2007 Z4M Roadster, 2004 E85 2.5i

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:41 pm

Nicely recovered..have you thought of a career in diplomacy?

inimic

Post by inimic » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:47 pm

Hi, if I replace the original OEM Varta battery with another Varta OEM vart battery, would it require regitration?

This one here seems to be the same
https://www.varta-automotive.com/en-gb/ ... 70-901-076

and is listed as an OE part.
09 Sdrive23iA

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:18 pm

inimic wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:47 pm Hi, if I replace the original OEM Varta battery with another Varta OEM vart battery, would it require regitration?

This one here seems to be the same
https://www.varta-automotive.com/en-gb/ ... 70-901-076

and is listed as an OE part.
Yes it would :thumbsup:
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold