Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

12 volt socket in boot

How-To articles are in here.
flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

12 volt socket in boot

Post by flybobbie » Fri May 22, 2020 11:22 am

So having plugged in my 12v vacuum into the cig socket in car, went faulty and blew the fuse.
Last edited by flybobbie on Fri May 22, 2020 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RobbiZ4

12 volt socket in boot

Post by RobbiZ4 » Fri May 22, 2020 11:42 am

:(
Pardon, je suis Allemand :oops:
:ant:
E89 Roof Maintenance
viewtopic.php?t=130932

Y3 Roof Diagnostic System
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=129048

flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

12 volt socket in boot

Post by flybobbie » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:05 pm

Not sure could be because Venus is line up with Mars and Jupiter with Pluto.
Just one of those things........

maxman

12 volt socket in boot

Post by maxman » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:41 pm

Any chance you could reinstate some of your posts as they had lots of good info.

flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

12 volt socket in boot

Post by flybobbie » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:25 pm

No. In fact should stick by my principles and post nothing.

Sorry for being a funny puss.

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

12 volt socket in boot

Post by Smartbear » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:45 pm

flybobbie wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:25 pm No. In fact should stick by my principles and post nothing.

Sorry for being a funny puss.
That’s a shame, that means we’re all worse off because of Robbiez4 bickering :(
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

LordLolzeye

12 volt socket in boot

Post by LordLolzeye » Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:38 pm

How else can they earn money if they tell people how to do a specific job? For example, RobbieZ4 used to give just enough info so you can’t do the job alone & end up with him repairing the roof :), that was one of the reasons I decided to post a “How-to replace hydraulic lines”.

The only one who’s giving this kind of info for free & also offering a fitting service is Dave, which is an amazing lad.

Silverstar

12 volt socket in boot

Post by Silverstar » Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:57 pm

LordLolzeye wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:38 pm For example, RobbieZ4 used to give just enough info so you can’t do the job alone & end up with him repairing the roof :), that was one of the reasons I decided to post a “How-to replace hydraulic lines”.
Except most people here wouldn't use him since he is hundreds or thousands of miles away from most forum members. Unless he was thinking something different? :idunno:
2009 sdrive30i auto Sapphire Black / Coral Red

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

12 volt socket in boot

Post by Nictrix » Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:16 pm

Silverstar wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:57 pm
LordLolzeye wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:38 pm For example, RobbieZ4 used to give just enough info so you can’t do the job alone & end up with him repairing the roof :), that was one of the reasons I decided to post a “How-to replace hydraulic lines”.
Except most people here wouldn't use him since he is hundreds or thousands of miles away from most forum members. Unless he was thinking something different? :idunno:
Im sure he must have had shares in those salmon relays and has made a fortune after hoodwinking us all to believe our cars would blow up if we didnt change them. :lol:
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

Silverstar

12 volt socket in boot

Post by Silverstar » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:33 pm

Nictrix wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:16 pm
Silverstar wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:57 pm
Im sure he must have had shares in those salmon relays and has made a fortune after hoodwinking us all to believe our cars would blow up if we didnt change them. :lol:
That's a possibility! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
2009 sdrive30i auto Sapphire Black / Coral Red

AnubisZed

12 volt socket in boot

Post by AnubisZed » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:31 am

The majority of us , and this goes for any of the car clubs I've been in before, have found out information on how to do stuff from other people. This is how it works, we are in a club and pass around this information because we enjoy what we do and have a club spirit.
There are certain clubs out there where members either know bugger all about how to fix them or there are members who simply don't want to give that info out.... these are not car clubs these are knob-head places who think they are above everyone else, utter timewasters.
If you are in the business and it's your trade then fair play but make it known. Yeah OK I fit cruise control for members but I also give out all that info free of charge and believe that if you really don't want to do it then I'll gladly fit you in. I found the info in different places and then turned it into the How-To as it wasn't plain and simple and not all in one place. There is a staggering lack of info for BMW cars with not many who are prepared to genuinely pass this info on.
This is evident in a video of a certain BMW YouTuber I was watching the other day. He rushes through stuff with lacking info, making out he is giving you everything you need to know, but actually isn't. He is now even blanking parts of the screen out... the reason? because you can now pay for a monthly subscription to his channel to see him rush through things!! It's all about the money!! :thumbsdown:

Clubs end up a wasteland of nothing interesting if members don't help each other, then clubs just die off.
Dave
2011, 23i, Grey with Red leather. 8)

My E89 YouTube channel - BMW Z4 Mods
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCttNBt ... UQnoEvKB2Q