Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

how to - instrument cluster color mod

How-To articles are in here.
Classiccarman2

Post by Classiccarman2 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:03 am

Sorry to go off post a bit, but I collect my 2.3i next week. I hope the weather improves as I was looking forward to a bit of top down fun.
I was looking into tuning the 2.5l engine and there seems to be two methods. A re-map, which you have had done on your car, and a module plugged into the OBD socket. I have heard the module method can be a bit of a con on a normally aspirated engine but one system has a mobile app to turn the map on or off.
Which in your opinion is the best route? Does a re-map need to be set up on a rolling road and what power/torque gains can you expect?
I am also going to fit the after market Sat Nav/screen kit and have my trim remover tool kit ready :D

tintoverano

Post by tintoverano » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:47 am

hi,

I haven't not heard of the module method so far, but it doesn't mean that it is not available :)

the n52b25 engine doesn't give many options: remap, catless downpipes, sport exhaust, air intake/filter

and pretty much that's it, this may give you 20-25 plus bhp

you can also change your differential to a shorter one, to increase torque on the wheels and have better acceleration - the result would depend on the new ratio
mSport 23i
Coding Help, Stubby, Remap, K&N filter, Cruise Ctrl, Reverse cam, Instrument Cluster Color, UR front brace, CDV delete, Android on CIC, Roof Module, LSD

BadgerDog

Post by BadgerDog » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:38 am

I just have to say I find it kinda funny all the comments about how tiny they are (dont get me wrong, they ARE...). 1210 parts are 12mm by 10mm. I used to hand solder 0201 components using two soldering irons and a stereoscopic microscope. ;-) 1210 are cake!