Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Side indicator badges??

How-To articles are in here.
Esper06

Side indicator badges??

Post by Esper06 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:22 pm

So I removed the side indicator badges that came on my car when i bought it and i'm replacing them with black and white ones. When I took the old ones off I noticed that they are only held on by double sided tape :?
They new badges I received have two prongs on the back of them due to them being for the front bumper badges i'm guessing seeing that they're the same size, should I just break the prongs off and use a glue/tape to stick them back on? I'd like to know if any of you have done this and how you did it as I don't know if I need to just by new badges or not.

Bing
Legend
Legend

Side indicator badges??

Post by Bing » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:55 pm

Should be the same size as the boot badge, which has two prongs. Just cut them off, file the stumps down and use double sided tape... and a bit of silicone adhesive if you like which is what I did when I had carbon badges on my last Z.
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

Lynchy
Lifer
Lifer

Side indicator badges??

Post by Lynchy » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:59 pm

What Bing said :thumbsup:

Bing
Legend
Legend

Side indicator badges??

Post by Bing » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:03 pm

Worth also saying... the OEM badges have little locating holes on them to make sure the badge is “square” with the indicator when it’s in situ. Make sure you mark where one of the silver cross-hairs should be on the edge of the lens with a water based pen, and that you get the roundel the right way up on the lens. I didn’t on one of mine, and had to start again first time I did it :roll: :oops:
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

Esper06

Side indicator badges??

Post by Esper06 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:32 pm

Bing wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:03 pm Worth also saying... the OEM badges have little locating holes on them to make sure the badge is “square” with the indicator when it’s in situ. Make sure you mark where one of the silver cross-hairs should be on the edge of the lens with a water based pen, and that you get the roundel the right way up on the lens. I didn’t on one of mine, and had to start again first time I did it :roll: :oops:
Yea mine have the bumps and thanks for the info much appreciated