Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

How-To - e89 Cruise Control Retro-fit

How-To articles are in here.
AnubisZed

Post by AnubisZed » Tue May 14, 2019 8:46 pm

mholt1995 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:45 pm Seemingly not :(

Many thanks on the part no tintoverano!
Contact me at removed :thumbsup:
Dave
2011, 23i, Grey with Red leather. 8)

My E89 YouTube channel - BMW Z4 Mods
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCttNBt ... UQnoEvKB2Q

ghull

Post by ghull » Sat May 25, 2019 10:15 am

Hi Dave,
I already have at home cluster and INPA Ediabas K + CAN D-CAN USB Interface. I also installed Easy BMW tools but from a different source than that given by you because I do not have a 32bit computer. I am ready to physicaly replace cluster but I would like you to check remotely whether from the side of the necessary software everything is ok (maybe via TeamViewer?).
Have you amended already your file, if you can find free time to help me start CC? Please let me know how to contact you by [email protected]

White Z4 sDrive 23i

AnubisZed

Post by AnubisZed » Sat May 25, 2019 10:54 am

ghull wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 10:15 am Hi Dave,
I already have at home cluster and INPA Ediabas K + CAN D-CAN USB Interface. I also installed Easy BMW tools but from a different source than that given by you because I do not have a 32bit computer. I am ready to physicaly replace cluster but I would like you to check remotely whether from the side of the necessary software everything is ok (maybe via TeamViewer?).
Have you amended already your file, if you can find free time to help me start CC? Please let me know how to contact you by [email protected]

Morning,
Ok first things first (mainly as I'm tied up for the rest of today), check out the current version on part 2 of the guide and it gives you the latest update files and how to install them ( these files work on all versions of NCSExpert).
Check you are up to date with that and have TOOL32 installed also and if so you are good to go.
I have not got around to adding the extra part I've mentioned but this only seems to affect some and not all.
I'm under taking a Cruise retrofit today so will look into explaining the difference hopefully later if time permits.
Dave

ghull

Post by ghull » Sun May 26, 2019 5:17 pm

AnubisZed wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 10:54 am

Morning,
Ok first things first (mainly as I'm tied up for the rest of today), check out the current version on part 2 of the guide and it gives you the latest update files and how to install them ( these files work on all versions of NCSExpert).
Check you are up to date with that and have TOOL32 installed also and if so you are good to go.
I have not got around to adding the extra part I've mentioned but this only seems to affect some and not all.
I'm under taking a Cruise retrofit today so will look into explaining the difference hopefully later if time permits.
"Error in CABDI Look at CABDI.ERR and ERROR.LOG!
COAPI-1043:Fehler bei CBD-Dateiverarbeten PDC_E87.C03......."

Hi Dave. I changed the cluster and it seems to me that up to a some point everything went well, however, at the end of the process, around step 26 the car coding I get the following message.

And I failed to remove the christmas tree from the dashboard. Will you find free time to connect via TeamViewer?
White Z4 sDrive 23i

AnubisZed

Post by AnubisZed » Sun May 26, 2019 9:26 pm

ghull wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 5:17 pm
AnubisZed wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 10:54 am

Morning,
"Error in CABDI Look at CABDI.ERR and ERROR.LOG!
COAPI-1043:Fehler bei CBD-Dateiverarbeten PDC_E87.C03......."

Hi Dave. I changed the cluster and it seems to me that up to a some point everything went well, however, at the end of the process, around step 26 the car coding I get the following message.

And I failed to remove the christmas tree from the dashboard. Will you find free time to connect via TeamViewer?
Evening,
Firstly I'm sorry but I won't be able to undertake a session on TeamViewer, I simply just don't have the spare time to do this.

I've just been through to where you think this is going wrong and basically you are doing it wrong. Have you checked out the latest version of the Part 2 how-to? Have you loaded and installed the profiles (as mentioned and instructed how to install them in the how-to)? Are you swapping over to "Expertmodus (offen)" at step 22?.... If the answer to any of those is NO then that is the problem, you need to swap the profile.

Sorry if that sounds a little "arsey", but this is very important, if you miss any step or do not follow it properly then at best you'll get an error message at worst you'll screw the coding of your car!
So, to start use profile "Expertmode" then from step 22 use profile "Expertmodus (offen)" and this should get you all the way through. It's unfortunate that some of the screenshots are not for this process or even the e89 but the text is written accordingly with full instructions. I've now personally had 4 full cruise control retrofits with a 100% record using this how-to so it does work.
Dave

AnubisZed

Post by AnubisZed » Thu May 30, 2019 9:33 pm

New version of Part 2 added to the first post (new link, old link now deleted)

This new version includes photos of the Tool32 process and a new replacement section for the final coding stage. You now only need to do the final coding to the ZDSC module and not the whole car, this should rectify the problems that some of you have had especially those that have a MULF fitted.

And on another point I've now filmed the whole process from fitting the stalks right through to the full coding stages. This should be available before the end of the weekend on my YouTube channel of which I'll link here.
Dave

AnubisZed

Post by AnubisZed » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:31 pm

And a video How-To for you all..... :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=todzNOUpKZU
Dave

ghull

Post by ghull » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:18 pm

Thank you Dave for your invaluable help and excellent tutorial. :thumbsup:
Thanks to you, on the roads, there is another Z4 equipped with CC :driving:
White Z4 sDrive 23i

AnubisZed

Post by AnubisZed » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:55 pm

ghull wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:18 pm Thank you Dave for your invaluable help and excellent tutorial. :thumbsup:
Thanks to you, on the roads, there is another Z4 equipped with CC :driving:
Happy when things work out :driving: :thumbsup:
Dave

Spawny lad

Post by Spawny lad » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:36 pm

Hi.could you contact me please about fitting my cruise.
Ime only about 30 miles away

EJM

Post by EJM » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:58 am

This is great. I'm a bit nervous about the coding so I'd be happy to travel to get this done. Can you PM me?

AnubisZed

Post by AnubisZed » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:27 pm

EJM wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:58 am This is great. I'm a bit nervous about the coding so I'd be happy to travel to get this done. Can you PM me?
I've emailed through the system, not PM :thumbsup:
Dave

AnubisZed

Post by AnubisZed » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:22 am

Morning all 8)

I've now got two full sets in stock so if anyone wants cruise fitting give me a shout.
No RIP-off Ebay prices for parts here, all-in supply and fit for £110. :thumbsup: :driving:
Dave

tintoverano

Post by tintoverano » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:30 am

AnubisZed wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:22 am Morning all 8)

I've now got two full sets in stock so if anyone wants cruise fitting give me a shout.
No RIP-off Ebay prices for parts here, all-in supply and fit for £110. :thumbsup: :driving:
whoa :D
mSport 23i
Coding Help, Stubby, Remap, K&N filter, Cruise Ctrl, Reverse cam, Instrument Cluster Color, UR front brace, CDV delete, Android on CIC, Roof Module, LSD

acm

Post by acm » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:34 am

Hi Dave,

I'm not yet able to PM you - I am a newbie :(

I am definitely interested in doing this and was planning to do this as part of a winter project, but if you are able to PM me please do so, so we can discuss (assuming I can reply to PMs I get).

Cheers!
Andy