Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Humming noise from rear of the car.

Sgreen

Post by Sgreen » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:18 am

extrablatt wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:07 pm Thanks Ronk! It's booked in for a week Monday. Back to the same dealer that found and fixed my injectors.
Hi extrablatt,

Just wondered how you got on with your car, I ask as we may have the same issue occurring although it doesn't sound as loud as yours did.

Sharon
Supra twin turbo, great in a straight, rubbish around twistys
NSX, pretty cool but no heated seats and can't get top down
Z4 23i sdrive, now gone, got the wrong car, need more power.
Z4 35is loved and missed
Z4 M40i one word sums it up Wow!

extrablatt

Post by extrablatt » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:52 am

Sgreen wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:18 am
Hi extrablatt,

Just wondered how you got on with your car, I ask as we may have the same issue occurring although it doesn't sound as loud as yours did.

Sharon
Hi Sharon,

The noise is indeed fixed. I was able to troubleshoot the issue as happening on the second half of the tank. Meaning, from a full tank to half way, there wasn't any noise. As soon as I hit the bottom half of the tank, I'd hear the noise, regardless of the grade or brand of petrol.

As soon as I described these characteristics to the service advisor, he explained that the fuel tank is set up like a saddle, with a pump on either side. Because the noise only happened on the bottom half of the tank, he was able to identify that it was one of the low pressure fuel pumps.

They ordered the part, replaced it and the noise has never come back.

Cooper Reading was the dealer I went to, after another dealership failed to identify the problem. Feel free to PM me and I can give you details of the advisor I dealt with.

Hope that helps!
2013 E89 35iS Mineral White
19" 326M | heated seats & wheel | pro nav & hifi | stubby

Gone: 2010 E89 23i Space Grey

flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

Post by flybobbie » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:35 pm

Do dealers fail to identify problems or just think that's a 5 hour job for which we are only going to get paid for 3?

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:14 pm

flybobbie wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:35 pm Do dealers fail to identify problems or just think that's a 5 hour job for which we are only going to get paid for 3?
Kick a dealer like that into the long grass !
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

huytonman

Post by huytonman » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:01 pm

Dextros wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:54 am [youtube]https://youtu.be/Zq0TB4IpT5A[/youtube]

Please see the above link to the video for my issue. I've read a couple of posts on here that may resemble the same issue as mine but without any evidence attached. Has anyone had the issue and have had it resolved?
I'd love to hear from you.

I've also noticed that the noise appears more prominent next to the rear driver's side wheel. Sounds like it may be coming from behind there.

Thanks

Dean
Same as mine, going into the dealer on Tuesday, I knew it was bad when the missus who normally doesnt give a damn about rattles etc made a comment about that "annoying noise".

huytonman

Post by huytonman » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:31 pm

huytonman wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:01 pm
Dextros wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:54 am [youtube]https://youtu.be/Zq0TB4IpT5A[/youtube]

Please see the above link to the video for my issue. I've read a couple of posts on here that may resemble the same issue as mine but without any evidence attached. Has anyone had the issue and have had it resolved?
I'd love to hear from you.

I've also noticed that the noise appears more prominent next to the rear driver's side wheel. Sounds like it may be coming from behind there.

Thanks

Dean
Same as mine, going into the dealer on Tuesday, I knew it was bad when the missus who normally doesnt give a damn about rattles etc made a comment about that "annoying noise".
Just collected from the dealer - new fuel pump and problem now gone
Keith

extrablatt

Post by extrablatt » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:16 pm

Fantastic news, Keith! Cooper do a great job. I'm pleased they sorted you out.

I finally swapped out the run flats last month for the Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 and wow, what a difference! The car is even more fun to drive!

Janel
2013 E89 35iS Mineral White
19" 326M | heated seats & wheel | pro nav & hifi | stubby

Gone: 2010 E89 23i Space Grey