Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Injector failure

extrablatt

Injector failure

Post by extrablatt » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:18 pm

Well as it was on the list of potential problems noted here, I was prepared for it. The car's 3.5 years old and only done 28.5k, 1k of which I've done on since I picked her up at the end of November.

I wanted to say a big thanks to the folks here for compiling such an exhaustive source of information so I knew what to expect. I noticed it twice from a cold idle, thought it felt/sound like a misfire, so I dropped the car off at the dealership yesterday so they could do a cold start this morning.

Phone call this morning and sure enough, they're replacing all the injectors, coils and the spark plugs. Thankfully I have a warranty so I'm only going to be £105 out of pocket for the spark plugs. The dealer's not charging me labor to fit the spark plugs since they're already charging fitting for injectors and coils through the warranty claim.

Parts are on order and won't be fitted until next week. Will be interesting to see if the fuel economy improves, but it's not a major concern. I'm currently managing about 24 MPG.
2013 E89 35iS Mineral White
19" 326M | heated seats & wheel | pro nav & hifi | stubby

Gone: 2010 E89 23i Space Grey

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

Injector failure

Post by Scooba_Steve » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:50 pm

Use the consumer contract regulations and keep the £105, the fault was present at sale, so they can cover the full cost.
3.0si Sport: F10 Illuminated ZHP, Retrofit Cruise, OE Stubby, Gaptech RCH+, Kenwood BT73DAB + Handsfree, HIDs, LED Sidelights, OE LED Number Plate Lights, Custom LED strip bootlight.

extrablatt

Injector failure

Post by extrablatt » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:52 pm

Scooba_Steve wrote:Use the consumer contract regulations and keep the £105, the fault was present at sale, so they can cover the full cost.
Thanks for the advice, that's a really good point. Unfortunately I couldn't get it into the workshop at the dealership I bought it from until the 9th, so went to my nearest dealer (also where I bought my previous 23). As they have a huge service department they were able to fit me in the next day.

I'll ask the dealer that sold me the car whether they'll reimburse me the cost. I know they'll come back with the standard line that they do a hundred point inspection for AUC but I'm doubtful the problem just materialised in the last 30 days. There's certainly no harm in asking, is there?

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Injector failure

Post by Smartbear » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:59 pm

extrablatt wrote:
Scooba_Steve wrote:Use the consumer contract regulations and keep the £105, the fault was present at sale, so they can cover the full cost.
Thanks for the advice, that's a really good point. Unfortunately I couldn't get it into the workshop at the dealership I bought it from until the 9th, so went to my nearest dealer (also where I bought my previous 23). As they have a huge service department they were able to fit me in the next day.

I'll ask the dealer that sold me the car whether they'll reimburse me the cost. I know they'll come back with the standard line that they do a hundred point inspection for AUC but I'm doubtful the problem just materialised in the last 30 days. There's certainly no harm in asking, is there?
Hi, I think by law the seller must give a 3 month warranty-don't ask me how I know this :x
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

extrablatt

Injector failure

Post by extrablatt » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:56 am

Smartbear wrote:Hi, I think by law the seller must give a 3 month warranty-don't ask me how I know this :x
Rob
Ah cheers Rob, sounds like it's definitely worth a look then.

I missed what happened to your zed number two, but fingers crossed it's third time lucky for you.

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Injector failure

Post by Smartbear » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:40 am

extrablatt wrote:
Smartbear wrote:Hi, I think by law the seller must give a 3 month warranty-don't ask me how I know this :x
Rob
Ah cheers Rob, sounds like it's definitely worth a look then.

I missed what happened to your zed number two, but fingers crossed it's third time lucky for you.
Hi, zed number two ate its own gearbox after 3 weeks of ownership (jumping out of gear & gnashing of cogs)
Really surprised with only 19k on the clock, but I suppose everything is fallible :o
I got a full refund from the dealer & found zed number 3 :driving:
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

extrablatt

Injector failure

Post by extrablatt » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:45 am

Smartbear wrote: Hi, zed number two ate its own gearbox after 3 weeks of ownership (jumping out of gear & gnashing of cogs)
Really surprised with only 19k on the clock, but I suppose everything is fallible :o
I got a full refund from the dealer & found zed number 3 :driving:
Rob
What?! Yikes that's an absolute nightmare. Glad you were able to get your money back answer found another so quickly.

I'm sad to be without my car for the weekend but the weather looks crap today anyhow!