Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

USB socket dead

olicana

USB socket dead

Post by olicana » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:11 am

Anyone ever had any issues with their USB socket. I leave a 32 gb USB dongle with all my music on permenantly plug in to it.
A few weeks ago when I jumped in the car in the morning the car would not recognise the USB. Usually after 15 mins of driving it would find it and I cold play my music. Now it just won't recognise it at all.

I have tried a few other USB dongles with the same result.

So far I'm collecting faults. Car is 6 months old and has already had a new battery. And I need to take it back to the dealer as the alarm goes off in the rain, one of rear window demister lines doesn't work and now the USB port is knackered.

ric19

Re: USB socket dead

Post by ric19 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:18 pm

Yea I did. I took it in and they replaced under warranty.They said the pins inside were all bent. Mine worked for the first day so am guessing it must have been slightly damaged and as I have pushed various usb sticks in to try them the pins got progressively worse. Usb been fine since replacment fitted

Sent via Tapatalk from my Galaxy S3

JohnDonovan

Re: USB socket dead

Post by JohnDonovan » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:38 pm

Keep meaning to hop into the dealer with mine. Its intermittent so some days I jump in car & its all fine: other days nothing - Sod's law also dictates its usually when my iPhone battery is really low & I have a long drive ahead & can't charge it!
Melbourne Red / Pure White sDrive35i M Sport DCT