Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Strange runflat warning

Paul c

Strange runflat warning

Post by Paul c » Wed May 08, 2013 3:21 pm

So driving to work yesterday the dreaded bong and flat tyre signal when i get to work looks all around car fines a screw in front tyre of i go to the tyre shop for a repair man take wheel of take out screw and says it hasent gone right thru checks all tyre pressures all got air back goes the wheel reset indicator all ok since strange. :?
2013 Z435i msport manual Glacier silver heated seats 326alloys comfort pack [ Gone ]
Porsche Cayman PDK 20in platinum alloys park control sound system + heated seats
Mini Cooper Countryman White black Roof and wheels Chilli Pack

Sketchley

Re: Strange runflat warning

Post by Sketchley » Wed May 08, 2013 4:02 pm

Well someone on here said type pressure indicator is based on rotation or something not actual pressure. Possible the screw affected the reading.

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Strange runflat warning

Post by TitanTim » Wed May 08, 2013 8:14 pm

I think sometimes the sensors can give false alarms, mine was playing up for some weeks but only after every wash and when stationary and then righted itself so may have just thrown a wobbly on yours. Having said that keep an eye on your pressures.

Tim.