Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

E89 - Problems 3 weeks in

strugglinauthor

Re: E89 - Problems 3 weeks in

Post by strugglinauthor » Fri May 03, 2013 10:34 am

Maniac wrote:
strugglinauthor wrote:
Maniac wrote:I knew all my hard work would help someone lol

I've still got a click I can't find .. Aarg!!
Maniac - heard you mention this before. Does your 'click' only happen with the roof in place or with the roof down as well? I get a click/crack over certain bumps (not all) and particularly when the chassis flexes on a camber. I always thought it was due to the roof panels but have now determined that it happens all the time - it's just that with the roof down the wind noise tends to drown it out. Problem is I've now tuned in to it!
Yes clicking, only on roof up, when chassis flexes or on very rough surfaces.. Sounds very similar to yours.
Mine clicks roof up or down. For some reason I suspect the rear deck, but it's only a suspicion. One thing I do know is that the acoustics of a car mean the source of the noise may be nowhere near where you think it is. I'll keep hunting... :roll:

Z4_Gaz

Post by Z4_Gaz » Fri May 03, 2013 11:20 am

Another quick update.

New PDC sensor sourced from Ebay for 19.99 delivered. Looks like a clone of the original Bosch unit but works perfectly. I have taken some photos of the process (front) should anyone else need to change one in the future.

Also, I can confirm that my rear light clusters do indeed ingest water from the lower seam. Might be worth people with cars getting near to the end of their warranty checking theirs? If you push the clear lens in the middle at the bottom it will move slightly if the weld/seal has failed.

bigendbob

Post by bigendbob » Fri May 03, 2013 11:41 pm

If the seal is split at the bottom then that should loose the water out.
Think you will find like mine its the rear seal. If the units are splitting then thats another design or manufacturing fault.

Z4_Gaz

Post by Z4_Gaz » Sun May 05, 2013 9:40 am

Yes the water does run out of the seam, but as my drive is sloped, it collects quite nicely until I drive off :cry:

Not quite enough to keep fish in though...

Z4_Gaz

Post by Z4_Gaz » Mon May 20, 2013 10:53 am

Another update...

Car went into Sytner Leicester on Friday to have both rear lenses replaced. BMW agreed to fund 70% of the parts cost despite the car being almost 4 years old which seems fair. Retail Price is £212+Vat each! I then called the supplying dealer (Sytner Select) and explained that the issue was present when I purchased the car so they should for pay the Labour + the other 30%, and they duly agreed. I am now problem free. :D :D :D

Now a happy bunny (almost) as I do need to sort out a full machine polish to rectify my clay bar mishap.

Maniac
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Maniac » Mon May 20, 2013 11:34 am

Well done.. Nice result!