Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

35i/is Exhaust Rattle (Vacuum/Flap) FIX

flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

Re: 35i/is Exhaust Rattle (Vacuum/Flap) FIX

Post by flybobbie » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:29 pm

Strange some time ago pulled up next to a 35 and all i could hear was a rattle from the exhaust, sounds like couple of nails in a tin can!
Wasn't too impressed.

Stark
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Stark » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:45 pm

On my 2nd exhaust now, and it's only 10 months old and the rattle has returned, so going to try a fix again as pointless going for a new one again......but it's a stupid design if you ask me.....

flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

Post by flybobbie » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:19 pm

Had a MGTF and that had same flappy valve in the right exhaust. That seemed reliable, worked by vacuum valve and solenoid, so it can be made to work.

Marky264

35i/is Exhaust Rattle (Vacuum/Flap) FIX

Post by Marky264 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:41 pm

Now 5 Months into owning My 35iS & I've had the Fuel Pump replaced. And now as of today the car is making a rattling sound as described from other people in the thread. The car seems louder however it has a different tone to it now as it did before. I don't mind that If its normal however I'm getting a Vibtrating rattling sound coming from the exhaust on low revs after pulling away or even at 20 MPH when releasing the revs and putting the revs under low pressure from the Accelerator. Its very annoying and after my fuel pump issue I wasnt expecting to get this. Could this be related to the Sump or a Weaping Sump? Going to get it booked in and looked at on Wednesday if I can.