Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

big help

trucker99

big help

Post by trucker99 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:12 pm

Thanks to joining this forum yesterday and spending most of the night reading different topics. The one that hit me the most was condensation in lights, had a look at mine thinking two weeks old will be ok. How wrong I was O/S rear has some. Phoned the dealer this morning about it and thought here we go argument time. How wrong I was new light cluster on order booked in for Friday straight swap :o So thank you forum members :D
2.8 M Sport, mineral white and ever extra toy fitted + stubby
2.0 M Sport, Alpine White gone but not forgotten

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Re: big help

Post by TitanTim » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:57 pm

trucker99 wrote:Thanks to joining this forum yesterday and spending most of the night reading different topics. The one that hit me the most was condensation in lights, had a look at mine thinking two weeks old will be ok. How wrong I was O/S rear has some. Phoned the dealer this morning about it and thought here we go argument time. How wrong I was new light cluster on order booked in for Friday straight swap :o So thank you forum members :D
I'm quite surprised as your Zed is 2 weeks old as BMW should be fitting the modified clusters for some time. I've had no probs with mine at 12 months old.

Tim.

strugglinauthor

Post by strugglinauthor » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:22 pm

Glad you're getting it sorted. I've had one rear replaced and I'm looking to get the other one done next week. My Z4 is exactly two years old.

I wasn't aware that there was a modified light cluster for later cars. I thought this was a problem that BMW have yet to acknowledge? :?

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Post by TitanTim » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:48 pm

strugglinauthor wrote:Glad you're getting it sorted. I've had one rear replaced and I'm looking to get the other one done next week. My Z4 is exactly two years old.

I wasn't aware that there was a modified light cluster for later cars. I thought this was a problem that BMW have yet to acknowledge? :?
I'm not 100% sure to be honest, but there is a foil kit available which I thought was being fitted now :cry: or is that for warranty repairs only?

Tim.

strugglinauthor

Post by strugglinauthor » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:55 pm

I'm going to ask the question when I take mine in to be replaced. Ordinarily I wouldn't be too bothered but I'd like to know if there is a permanent fix for the fateful day when my warranty runs out... :(

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:01 pm

TitanTim wrote:
trucker99 wrote:Thanks to joining this forum yesterday and spending most of the night reading different topics. The one that hit me the most was condensation in lights, had a look at mine thinking two weeks old will be ok. How wrong I was O/S rear has some. Phoned the dealer this morning about it and thought here we go argument time. How wrong I was new light cluster on order booked in for Friday straight swap :o So thank you forum members :D
I'm quite surprised as your Zed is 2 weeks old as BMW should be fitting the modified clusters for some time. I've had no probs with mine at 12 months old.

Tim.[

you would have to introduce your car to weather to know if condensation was an issue :roll:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Post by TitanTim » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:09 pm

mr wilks wrote:
TitanTim wrote:

Tim.[

you would have to introduce your car to weather to know if condensation was an issue :roll:
Its been washed more than most with no probs :poke: :D

Tim.

trucker99

Post by trucker99 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:10 pm

I didn't notice it when I picked it up, but then again I was like a child in a sweet shop :D Just wondering I took it to one of the car wash places as being in a rush. Usual wash my cars my self due to having higher standards lol. The dealer didn't even try and avoid it just said "right I'll order a new cluster bring it in Friday and u can wait.

Been out today with the roof down for the first time, very enjoyable :thumbsup:
2.8 M Sport, mineral white and ever extra toy fitted + stubby
2.0 M Sport, Alpine White gone but not forgotten