Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Someone stole my engine and replaced it with a diesel

Pants

Someone stole my engine and replaced it with a diesel

Post by Pants » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:21 pm

Having replaced my Saab 9-3 diesel with this

how in the hell can I get this with mixed driving

I can only conclude he's pulled a fast one and replace the 3.0ltr with a 1.9diesel!!!!

Joking aside this is incredible I think (I'm sure some people get even higher) as the cost of driving is no more than the oil burner it's replaced .... be it with two less seats, taking into account the far bigger grin factor, far better handling/looks/speed etc etc I can only conclude the Z4 3.0i is the bargain of the decade :thumbsup:

:driving: :driving: :driving: :driving: :driving: :driving: :driving: :driving: :driving: :driving: :driving: :driving: :driving: :driving: :driving: :driving:

and before anyone said it I was not driving miss daisy and I know it needs to be adjusted to the real use and yes it was only over a 100 mile stretch ... BUT STILL! !!!!! :tumbleweed:
Z4 - 3.0i - Black with Red - Need to get.... stubby.... de-gingered ..... more money for fuel :)

Marco

Re: Someone stole my engine and replaced it with a diesel

Post by Marco » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:28 pm

I would take what the computer says with a pinch of salt, mine normally shows good consumption but in reality, I don't really get what it says! :wink:

Pants

Post by Pants » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:34 pm

as I said I know I need to adjust for real use but the amount I've got from the tank so far seems to back this up roughly, but I'd be happy, very happy with 35mpg so anything above is a brucey!!

:driving:
Z4 - 3.0i - Black with Red - Need to get.... stubby.... de-gingered ..... more money for fuel :)

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:31 pm

Over the life time of my 3.0, I averaged 36 mpg and that included runs of 165 mph as well abroad.

I did have the SE CAI which reduced the fuel consumption by about 10% though.
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

Pants

Post by Pants » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:00 pm

36mpg out of a 3ltr is friggin amazing I think especially over the longer term so true average. Chatting to the guys in the office today (they nearly all have big diesels) I think there may be some more Zed owners as a lot of them are only getting 35-38ish from them, when you factor in the cost difference and grin factor why go diesel? :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

VvrooomM

Post by VvrooomM » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:15 pm

36 on way up and 37.5 on return in a 3.4 boxster Spyder - gob smacked also!!
Z4MC midnight blue with CSL's + VREDs, extd light sepang leather, folding mirrors, stubby aerial, retro bluetooth, prof nav, intravee ipod kit, storage and cup holders!!, laser LRC100, DSP hi-fi, storage and privacy.....is that it?

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:21 pm

On the occasional long Motorway run roof down missus aboard. I see 32-34 mpg. The rest of the time I see 21-22 mpg.

Last time I filled here up, after a run out with the PH crew, range read 177 miles. :cry:

Pants

Post by Pants » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:41 pm

buzyg: LOL you must be using yours "properly"
vrooooom: impressive modern petrols are clearly getting better (although mine is an 03 :? )