Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Creaking from Roof when up

dannysprags

Creaking from Roof when up

Post by dannysprags » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:21 pm

Hello All,

Any ideas on this one, I dont really know how to describe the sound but its as if the roof is a bit too tight ( if thats possible ) and its all creaking a little..
only happens when the roof is up and when your going over bumps or undulated road.. maybe as the chassie is twisting - but it happens even at very slow speeds..

are there adjustments on the roof to release pressure or correct the positioning of the panels if thats whats causing it.. ?

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Creaking from Roof when up

Post by TitanTim » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:31 pm

Mine does this very occasionally, tends be on the works car park which has lots of little undulations when going at slow speeds, as soon as I'm on normal roads everything is quiet, I tend to use Krytox on the seals and where it rests at the rear which certainly helps. It tends to only do it during warmer weather when the cars been sitting in the sun. If its just creaking lube will help, rattles would be a dealer job.

Tim.

dannysprags

Post by dannysprags » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:57 pm

Brilliant! straight down the shops to buy some KY then!

rich291

Post by rich291 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:13 am

TitanTim wrote:Mine does this very occasionally, tends be on the works car park which has lots of little undulations when going at slow speeds, as soon as I'm on normal roads everything is quiet, I tend to use Krytox on the seals and where it rests at the rear which certainly helps. It tends to only do it during warmer weather when the cars been sitting in the sun. If its just creaking lube will help, rattles would be a dealer job.

Tim.
+1

Can highly recommend Krytox. Applied to all the creaking plastic joints in my e85 and it shut them up for good. It really is good stuff. I got mine from a VW dealer, they rebrand it and call it 'special lubricant' :wink:
E89 Melbourne Red sDrive 28i (previously Sapphire Black E85 2.5si)