Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Rejection Thread....

kevinmarkwhite

Rejection Thread....

Post by kevinmarkwhite » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:07 pm

ok, so some people are in the unfortunate position of rejecting, or seriously considering rejecting their cars.

This is a situation no one wants, or likes, but in some instances appears to be the only way forward.

So I thought this might be a good thread for people to post their experiences, thoughts and moral support etc to others in the same boat.

It is worrying though that the trouble cars I know of (mine, JDM, Keith) are all recession white....... (Carol's doesn't count, her car was fine until her dealer messed with it, but obviously her experiences are welcome as well. As are those who had the car swapped for an auto box due to hill start etc)...

kevinmarkwhite

Re: Rejection Thread....

Post by kevinmarkwhite » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:10 pm

So, I guess I should start off!

My car arrived ok and I collected on 31 March. Shortly after I noticed a water leak on the passenger door after prolongued rainfall.

Cat has been into dealers 5 times for attempted fixes over a total of 39 days! Still not fixed and will need a 6th visit as they are awaiting parts.

Wrote to BMW Financial services, BMW Customer Services and dealer on Monday saying I want to reject car. Awaiting reply.

mrlozzer
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mrlozzer » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:24 pm

Thought at first glance this was a thread where we could all share stories of difficult breakups...! :D

On a serious note, keep at them. There is obviously a problem. Carol M's example shows that polite but firm insistence works wonders!

Hope you get it sorted - one way or another - quickly!
Sold:3.0i|Sterling Grey|heated leather|nav|DSP|18" CSL reps|452s|eibach|facelift & de-ginger|aero skirts|alcantara MFSW|CF badges|DICE|cruise|gaptech|strut brace|Alcantara M seats

chasBMW

Post by chasBMW » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:40 pm

Well mines recession white and (dancing windows aside) its fine but I really do feel for you chaps
Valencia Orange 35is now gone but well remembered now Porsche Boxster GTS

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Post by TitanTim » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:01 pm

The shame is the problems being experienced are relatively minor, leaks, rattles, trim issues should all be easily fixable by the dealer :( these types of problems are incredibly annoying if the dealer is not upto scratch. I would certainly be trying another dealer after a couple of attempts.

The only car I ever rejected was a new Peugeot 207CC due to the metallic silver paintwork having a patchy bloom all over the roof and bonnet which only showed up in bright sunlight and a 6 inch long white line under the clearcote on the boot. I took some pics and e-mailed these to the dealer and Peugeot head office along with a rejection letter. The car was then booked into the dealer for a Peugeot Assessor to inspect the car, after that Peugeot agreed it was not acceptable to do a respray in a new car and they ordered a replacement. Ironically the replacement had its own faults, rattly roof which they eventually fixed after 4 attempts but after that and the car being 2 months old I traded in at a 4K loss. The dealer was truly shocking if trying to fix the car, kerbing alloys and damaging the bodywork spilling antifreeze on the paintwork.

I think as much as anything you stand a better chance of rejection if the car is suffereing cosmetic faults rather than mechanical or trim issues.

Tim.

duncan-m-w

Post by duncan-m-w » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:38 pm

Through the hill start assist issue, BMW gave me two options - a very hefty cheque (£2700 as well as fitting alu pedals, high-gloss grilles and changing the oil), or reject the car. I chose the compensation in the end because there was no other car I wanted for the money (nearly bought an Elise SC instead - but just not as good as an everyday car).

So the good news for you all is that with enough perseverance and a valid reason (and the help of a good dealer), BMW will buckle and concede defeat.

Good luck all

PS - I wonder what happens to rejected cars - guess someone else buys them used with all the same problems?
20i MSport
Spec: Pure Impulse Design, Comfort Pack, Seat heating, S/W heating, DAB, Pro hifi.
Mods: Stubby, Alu pedals, High gloss grill

kevinmarkwhite

Rejection Thread....

Post by kevinmarkwhite » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:29 pm

Tim, mine is a leak yes, but far more serious than a few drips. If there was another dealer "group" within reasonable distance I would try them.

The plastic cover over the led on the parking brake button came off yesterday!!!!