Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

BMW Monsoon Centre

kevinmarkwhite

BMW Monsoon Centre

Post by kevinmarkwhite » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:52 pm

Does BMW have a Monsoon Centre in the UK?

My car is due to go but the dealer originally told me it was in Bracknell, then said it was in Oxford and today said it was in GERMANY!!!!!!

What do you think?

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Re: BMW Monsoon Centre

Post by TitanTim » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:30 pm

Hi Kevin,

No idea but if they have to send the Zed to Germany I would say that is ridiculous and completely unacceptable, is this so they can use your car as a guinea pig rather than trying to fix the fault, sounds like it to me.

Have you spoken to BMW finance, think I would be looking at rejecting the car to be honest, half a dozen times to attemp fixes is unreasonable.

Regarding the Leak post, I think I would be pushing for a Z4 as loaner if they need your Zed any more than a couple of days. After all your paying £300?? or more a month.

Mines going in again tomorrow, will give them 3 goes then will be looking at rejection. I don't mind warranty work so long as they can do the fix within a reasonable time and number of attempts.

Tim.

mrlozzer
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mrlozzer » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:34 pm

OK, at the risk of some serious ribbing - what is a Monsoon Centre? :tumbleweed:
Sold:3.0i|Sterling Grey|heated leather|nav|DSP|18" CSL reps|452s|eibach|facelift & de-ginger|aero skirts|alcantara MFSW|CF badges|DICE|cruise|gaptech|strut brace|Alcantara M seats

kevinmarkwhite

Post by kevinmarkwhite » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:42 pm

They told me it was like a wind tunnel with water, where they can replicate all weather conditions and thus force the leak to happen, rather than testing with a hose for days.

They have pinned all their hopes on it, now I'm questioning if it exists!

Tim - true, I think if it has to go to Germany then thats too much! I'm hoping to get clarification of where and when but they don't even know yet, so this week has been a waste of time. I do still think they are genuinely working on it, but the time is dragging by. I'll be ringing them again on Friday (or going in, cos its on my way to/from work) and will expect some progress.

On another issue - I asked them to find out about the boot liner that I found on RealOEM...they said its been discontinued cos they made 300 and sold 2. I guess most people don't use their Z4's for work carting old computer equipment about!!!! :?

mrlozzer
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mrlozzer » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:47 pm

A-ha... now I understand... :oops:
Sold:3.0i|Sterling Grey|heated leather|nav|DSP|18" CSL reps|452s|eibach|facelift & de-ginger|aero skirts|alcantara MFSW|CF badges|DICE|cruise|gaptech|strut brace|Alcantara M seats

cjp2k

Post by cjp2k » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:53 pm

yes it exists they tested the Olympic torch in it...I think there is a video online somewhere
Gone.....Z4 2.3 sDrive, Black, Black Leather, I drive, Sound upgrade and a couple more bits..6 cylinder symphony

Now 520d, Beige Leather, I drive, VDC, BMW Individual Wood trim, Memory Seats, Powered Boot...55mpg!

Stark
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Stark » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:00 pm

I had a 6 that went back to Germany twice...faulty roof sensors

mrlozzer
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mrlozzer » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:08 pm

cjp2k wrote:yes it exists they tested the Olympic torch in it...I think there is a video online somewhere
Yep... here is is:

Z4-35i

BMW Monsoon Centre

Post by Z4-35i » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:20 pm

I would have thought our UK weather in June and July would have qualified.

mrlozzer
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mrlozzer » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:44 pm

I would think that the torch relay being affected by wet weather will be the least of their worries unless the weather picks up quickly... :roll:

Carol M
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Carol M » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:58 pm

It's in Munich Kev :(

kevinmarkwhite

Post by kevinmarkwhite » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:02 pm

I saw that the torch was tested in Germany, so I discounted that until now.....

Um....they've definately said Oxford on several occasions until today. Why lie?

cjp2k

Post by cjp2k » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:04 pm

they may have one in the mini factory too?
Gone.....Z4 2.3 sDrive, Black, Black Leather, I drive, Sound upgrade and a couple more bits..6 cylinder symphony

Now 520d, Beige Leather, I drive, VDC, BMW Individual Wood trim, Memory Seats, Powered Boot...55mpg!

Wondermike

Post by Wondermike » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:05 pm

TBH with the cost of shipping your car over to Germany and then testing it in the tunnel, which is very expensive to run, it would be cheaper for them just to give you another Z4.

Sounds like dealer BS but who knows... :idunno:

cjp2k

Post by cjp2k » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:09 pm

Wondermike wrote:TBH with the cost of shipping your car over to Germany and then testing it in the tunnel, which is very expensive to run, it would be cheaper for them just to give you another Z4.

Sounds like dealer BS but who knows... :idunno:
could be another z4 with a leaking roof though. We don't now how many there are out there with leaking roofs, if they get a couple to play with in the factory they can send out working fixes for all the others....