Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Leaking washer fluid ...

cjp2k

Leaking washer fluid ...

Post by cjp2k » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:27 pm

Hi guys, does anyone have leaking washer fluid, I got the warning last weeked, filled it up, used the washers maybe once in the week to clean the sand off, and today got another warning light :thumbsdown:

Opened the bonnet and its half full, any one else had issues??

Cant see any washer flud splashed over the engine bay, so I presume its gone downwards, or leading from the headlight washers
Gone.....Z4 2.3 sDrive, Black, Black Leather, I drive, Sound upgrade and a couple more bits..6 cylinder symphony

Now 520d, Beige Leather, I drive, VDC, BMW Individual Wood trim, Memory Seats, Powered Boot...55mpg!

AlanJ
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Leaking washer fluid ...

Post by AlanJ » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:40 pm

Had the same problem recently on my wires 325. Took it in and it was the seal where the pump is attached to the body of the fluid container. Seems to be a common problem on 3 series.
///M tri colour steering wheel, mud flaps and loads of other extras! ZHP illuminated gear lever..... Pre Purchase Checks,Getting the Best out of Dealers http://www.bmwz4roadster.net

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:50 pm

Most common problems are the seal where the washer pumps push into the reservoir or the clamps where the headlight washer pipe connects to the jet.

Most likely water drips into the undertray and pours out when you drive off.
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

cjp2k

Post by cjp2k » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:57 pm

hmm, I can see water in the undertray. but not sure if its from the crap weather, or the fact I had just sprayed the washers and its come in....well lets get it booked in, see what they say :thumbsdown:
Gone.....Z4 2.3 sDrive, Black, Black Leather, I drive, Sound upgrade and a couple more bits..6 cylinder symphony

Now 520d, Beige Leather, I drive, VDC, BMW Individual Wood trim, Memory Seats, Powered Boot...55mpg!