Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Sizzle is getting sozzled...

Sizzle

Post by Sizzle » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:39 pm

So the car went into dealership today due to engine fan cutting in from start-up - problem due to electronic water pump fault. Now waiting for Enterprise car hire to ring to arrange loan car for who knows how long so feeling pretty fed up. A faulty part and the car has only done 800 miles :x I know it's under warranty but it's sat at the dealers and I can't drive it. Coopers Norwich have been great to be fair but have decided to open a bottle of wine to drown my sorrows.
PS have instructed the dealer to keep my car under cover and away from the general public - magnifying glass is at the ready for close inspection on pick-up... not that I'm OCD or anything. Need to sign off now while I organise another glass of white!

Putter Whore

Post by Putter Whore » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:54 pm

Sorry to hear. Take comfort in the fact it's lashing down here so no roof down action going on.
2022 - now: 2007 Z4M Roadster (+ hardtop) - Grey
2012-2016: 2007 Z4M Roadster - Carbon Black

kevinmarkwhite

Re: Sizzle is getting sozzled...

Post by kevinmarkwhite » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:46 pm

Feel your pain.....lets hope they've diagnosed it correctly and it can be seen as a minor blip....better than an intermittent leak that they can't fix!

I put an A4 sign on my dash when I take it in that says "Please do not wash"....seems to work!

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Post by TitanTim » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:13 pm

Eeek not good :x I'm guessing the parts have to be ordered from Germany which takes 7 to 10 days :(

Was your fan on all the time? Mine seems to cut in fairly quicky after start up, runs then cuts out, then starts up again after a while. Surprising as I wouldn't have thought the engine would be upto temperature.

Its a bit poor that there seem to be Z4s with faulty parts being fitted at the factory. Although my Wastegate valve has been diagnosed as too noisy and being replaced its not being classed as faulty, not sure I would agree :)

Hope its sorted soon.

Tim.

Sizzle

Post by Sizzle » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:57 pm

Yes "do not wash" is always a stipulation from hubby when I take my car in.

Tim, the fault is intermittent and until today there was no warning light showing either. Last week the fan started cutting in a few seconds after start up and sometimes would stop after a couple of minutes, other times it would be after a couple of miles and sometimes it would stay on for the whole journey to work which is all of five miles. Today taking it in the journey is about 15 miles, I was following hubby and after about 7 miles joined a dual carriageway and put foot down a bit, short time later the car started losing power and dropped 20 miles an hour with foot flat on the floor, temp gauge went to about halfway and then "bing" warning flashed up and I managed to cruise to a lay-by and switched off. Phoned hubby who turned round and made him drive the last few miles at which time the car was fine. They are telling me part should be in Tues/Wed but we'll see. Got a 3 series coming tomorrow :headbang:

andysat
Lifer
Lifer

Post by andysat » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:59 pm

Are you saying Bing flashed at you in your car?? :) -seriously its a pita im with you there, opening the JD soon!
Gone but not forgotten.
New ride silver e93.

Sizzle

Post by Sizzle » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:05 pm

andysat wrote:Are you saying Bing flashed at you in your car?? :)
:rofl:

-seriously its a pita im with you there, opening the JD soon!
That's very rock 'n roll :thumbsup:

andysat
Lifer
Lifer

Post by andysat » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:12 pm

Why thank you :thumbsup:
Gone but not forgotten.
New ride silver e93.

Sizzle

Post by Sizzle » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:46 pm

Hubby went and picked the Zed up for me today and he says it runs like a dream now - can't wait to drive it tomorrow and hope the sun shines! :driving: