Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Stall and automatic!!!

jaz4

Stall and automatic!!!

Post by jaz4 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:19 pm

Several times I have actually stalled my auto. Start the engine, release hand break and select drive the dam thing stalled. It has done this a few times now.

Also if I press start it some times does not, so I need to pop the key and retry, like above if it stalled I have to select park, pop the key and then repeat.

One last thing I have had the hand break not releasing when pushing down, even after several attempts, you get a break red light then it goes.

Its just a bit unnerving you get in and want to start the car then drive off, but something crops up that catches you out.

Any one else with similar issues
03 2.5 SE Fully loaded
06 2.5 Si Sports
08 2.5 Si Sports
10 30i Drive Auto
62 28i M Sport

envy

Re: Stall and automatic!!!

Post by envy » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:24 pm

never had any such issue with mine, but it is about a month old and only has 1k on the clock. the auto box works perfectly and an auto should never stall..... even my last astra coupe auto never stalled and my current z4 coupe auto also never stalls. so maybe that needs to be investigated as it may be idling lower than it should causing it to stall

Glaikit

Post by Glaikit » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:42 pm

Think you should get off to the dealer. Autos should not behave like that.

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:44 pm

Isn't this one of the problems JDM has ? Worth trading thoughts / info with him... Agree, an auto shouldn't stall :o
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

Andrew*Debbie

Post by Andrew*Debbie » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:10 am

Time to book in a service appointment. Your car shouldn't do that.
The models, equipment (standard and optional) illustrated in this post reflect my misunderstanding of vehicles supplied by BMW AG to the German market. In other EU member states, the truthyness of my posts may vary. Subject to change. YMMV.