Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Response from BMW to my Euro Trip

Nickm

Re: Response from BMW to my Euro Trip

Post by Nickm » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:11 pm

Am really pleased, as I'm sure my phone bill will be £250 plus......

And yes I have cleaned the courtesy car already...it's in pretty good nick, but as basic as they come. Still can't believe the MPG on it, still showing high 40's, and a potential range of 580 to a tank.....I'm used to only getting 200 to a tank!!

Alloy wheel replaced last week, BMW goodwill this week.....the sun might come out, who knows!!

Carol M
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Carol M » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:13 pm

Nickm wrote:
And yes I have cleaned the courtesy car already...
:rofl: Of COURSE you have (OCD) :rofl:

Nickm

Post by Nickm » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:15 pm

Ok, I'll admit this, I've cleaned it twice.....I'm so sorry :headbang:

Carol M
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Carol M » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:19 pm

Nickm wrote:Ok, I'll admit this, I've cleaned it twice.....I'm so sorry :headbang:
:o :o We need to have a whip round, Uncle Nick needs therapy :rofl:

JDM

Post by JDM » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:21 pm

I thought I was OCD about cleaning cars.. :rofl:
04 3.0SE Roadster, 07 3.0Si Coupe, 12 2.0iSdrive M Sport... Gone but not forgotten

Now proud owner of an Audi TT TFSI S line, Misano Red Amplified black edition... Don't shoot me.

Swiftly
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Swiftly » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:24 pm

That's great news, really pleased for you mate
Replacement, G29 Z4 M40i Lci in Alpine White :wub:
Gone G29 Z4 M40i in San Francisco Red
Gone F22 M240i auto coupe in Estoril Blue
Gone 2007 E85 3.0si Sport in Silver Grey,

Nickm

Post by Nickm » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:27 pm

I spent £20 on an aerosol can that blows air out of it, and I use that to keep dust away from my vents and places a paint brush won't get to!!

Thanks for all the replies, I'm really pleased by what's taken place so far, just want he car back now......it's looking mightily fine with the new alloys, centre caps, new M Sport bumper and the bonet about to be resprayed ater it's fixed.

JDM

Post by JDM » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:30 pm

You will practically have a brand new car (well front end) by the time you've finished :wink:
04 3.0SE Roadster, 07 3.0Si Coupe, 12 2.0iSdrive M Sport... Gone but not forgotten

Now proud owner of an Audi TT TFSI S line, Misano Red Amplified black edition... Don't shoot me.

ZedFourM

Post by ZedFourM » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:50 pm

Nickm wrote:And yes I have cleaned the courtesy car already
Why would you bother cleaning a courtesy car???

I've owned my Z4M for 8 weeks now and haven't washed it once. Perhaps when I've had it for a year, I might throw a bucket of water over it. And then again, maybe I won't bother. :driving:
Philip

Carol M
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Carol M » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:53 pm

ZedFourM wrote:
Nickm wrote:And yes I have cleaned the courtesy car already
Why would you bother cleaning a courtesy car???

I've owned my Z4M for 8 weeks now and haven't washed it once. Perhaps when I've had it for a year, I might throw a bucket of water over it. And then again, maybe I won't bother. :driving:
Nooooooooooo what have you done??? Nick, it's ok, don't look directly at the post, just go and lie down for half and hour, it'll be alright!

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:55 pm

Is the bonnet respray required because you rubbed all the paint from it? :poke:
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

Nickm

Post by Nickm » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:59 pm

I apply the same to all aspects of my life, I clean my shoes, I keep my house looking clean and tidy and have a cleaner, my desk at work is cleaned every morning with spray polish and wipes etc...my wardrobe is organised, shirts folded, and yes with tissue paper...it's how I like things done. Same on holiday, I like to be organised, know which room I'm getting, like my bags to be unpacked and packed for me....even to hire cars. If I got a red, green or blue one, it would ruin my holiday. So I book more than one, and chose on the day,,,

An insight into my life :)

I think if you asked most women, what they would prefer, someone who is clean and tidy or someone who lives a messy life and doesn't take car of things..... :)

Nickm

Post by Nickm » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:00 pm

pvr wrote:Is the bonnet respray required because you rubbed all the paint from it? :poke:
You'd think wouldn't you!! The E89 is prone to stone chips on the front like no other car I know...

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:04 pm

Man, you need the Protech treatment. Told you so, worth every penny. Had the X5 done a month or so ago in NL and the result is great and protection even greater. No more bird sh*t eating in the paint, the stone chips chips the teflon layer, not the paint underneath it (unless it is a brick size stone).

I have plenty of small teflon bits missing from the front of my M, but most of the paint has been protected from the stonechips.

Not to mention that washing the car is sooooo much easier ...
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:23 pm

Nickm wrote:I apply the same to all aspects of my life, I clean my shoes, I keep my house looking clean and tidy and have a cleaner, my desk at work is cleaned every morning with spray polish and wipes etc...my wardrobe is organised, shirts folded, and yes with tissue paper...it's how I like things done. Same on holiday, I like to be organised, know which room I'm getting, like my bags to be unpacked and packed for me....even to hire cars. If I got a red, green or blue one, it would ruin my holiday. So I book more than one, and chose on the day,,,

An insight into my life :)

I think if you asked most women, what they would prefer, someone who is clean and tidy or someone who lives a messy life and doesn't take car of things..... :)
Whilst this is taking it quite far, I agree with the sentiments of what you're saying Nick. I hate mess and clutter, and it goes without saying that a man's shoes should always be clean. You should charge them for detailing their courtesy car too :P Though I suspect that is less OCD and more habit, right ?
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...