Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

List of problems.. Back from dealership with more problems..

andysat
Lifer
Lifer

Re: List of problems.. Back from dealership with more proble

Post by andysat » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:06 pm

Glad to hear its going your way :thumbsup:
Gone but not forgotten.
New ride silver e93.

RubyBlueZ4MC
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RubyBlueZ4MC » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:12 pm

Glad to hear its finally going well.
Gone: Interlagos Blue Z4 ///M Coupe
Remains: Red Skoda Yeti DSG Family Wagon! :o and the Hubby's Topaz Blue Z3 2.8 Facelift

original guvnor
Lifer
Lifer

Post by original guvnor » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:48 pm

Great news John. It does make you wonder why it takes them so long. The cynic in me thinks it's because they hope you'll get bored of the fight and go away. Well done for persevering and keeping your cool. :thumbsup:

Regarding what to have next, take your time, have some extended test-drives and make your mind up afterwards.

Cassie-UK

Post by Cassie-UK » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:54 pm

JDM wrote:These are pics of the 3 series m sport if people haven't seen them...

Looks much better than the standard sport...

The interior is stunning in the flesh..
Nice, but not as interesting looking as a zed IMHO :-)
2005 3.0 SE / Black Leather / Heated Electric Seats w Driver Memory / Rear Parking Sensor / Prof Sat Nav / Loads of Fun!

Carol M
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Carol M » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:59 pm

Really pleased for you, so glad it's come right in the end.

My new zed has been stood in rain for two days with no leaks, same as the other one. There's only a couple that we know to have leaked but it's understandable you want to go for a different car.

It's just bad show that you've had to have all this nonsense, it's very frustrating as I know only too well.

Really happy for you :)

kevinmarkwhite

Post by kevinmarkwhite » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:03 pm

Sorry to put a downer on this, but is that the best outcome?

You bought a new car that had multiple faults which they couldn't fix and their solution is to sell you another one?

This way they haven't actually ever supplied you with what you ordered...a new car with no faults.

What price are they giving you for your Z4? I don't believe they will make no profit on it...you are saving them a shed load of hassle and they will flog yours onto someone else to get the problems.

I wouldn't accept the dealers word on it, I would fight it...but then I didn't want anything apart from a Z4.

However, if it is the right solution for you, then that's all that counts, but I'd be interested to know what they give you for yours and the finance deal?

sars
Lifer
Lifer

Post by sars » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:05 pm

Well done John, now some more fun in choosing a replacement, second the M135i however I can see the benefit of the 328i too
Gorgeous SFR Z4 M40i 8)
Gone 2017 Iridium SL400, 2015 435d xDrive Convertible, 2012 E350 CDi Convertible, 2010 DSB Z4 sdrive30i, 2008 Audi A4 Cabriolet, 2006 Phoenix Yellow Z4 2.5Si, 2003 Saab 9-3 Convertible

JDM

Post by JDM » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:23 pm

Hmmmmm.... The M135i does look a nice motor and looks a bargain... Speccing it up with everything I would want including adaptive suspension comes in at £34,700. About 2k under the 328 which didnt have as much spec as this 135.

I may get the dealer to put some figures together on both and see what they come out at. Not sure what margins they have on either car to play with. Upshot is I cant pay anymore than Im paying now PCM.

Only thing that puts me off the M135i is the potential running costs in comparison to the 328?

Anyway, thanks for all the kind comments and advice people :thumbsup:
04 3.0SE Roadster, 07 3.0Si Coupe, 12 2.0iSdrive M Sport... Gone but not forgotten

Now proud owner of an Audi TT TFSI S line, Misano Red Amplified black edition... Don't shoot me.

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Post by TitanTim » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:57 pm

JDM wrote:Hmmmmm.... The M135i does look a nice motor and looks a bargain... Speccing it up with everything I would want including adaptive suspension comes in at £34,700. About 2k under the 328 which didnt have as much spec as this 135.

I may get the dealer to put some figures together on both and see what they come out at. Not sure what margins they have on either car to play with. Upshot is I cant pay anymore than Im paying now PCM.

Only thing that puts me off the M135i is the potential running costs in comparison to the 328?

Anyway, thanks for all the kind comments and advice people :thumbsup:
Hi John,

If you haven't already have a look through Septembers issue of BMW Car, they have done a review of the 135i M and its still fairly economical. The consensus is its one of the best all rounders BMW have ever made and more useable than a 1M. Would seriously consider it :)

The issue with steering vibrations on the F30 would put me off slightly at the moment.

Tim.

JDM

Post by JDM » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:50 pm

Hi Tim,

Funny you should metion that. I've been across to Manchester today. Stopped in the sevices to releive my self of the boredom of doing 50MPH in the roadworks for a coffee and bought the mag as I saw that on the front cover. They do indeed give it a good write up.

I had a quick read throught the post you put up yesterday about the F30 and the steering and it does worry me a bit.

Can BMW build a car without any issues :headbang:
04 3.0SE Roadster, 07 3.0Si Coupe, 12 2.0iSdrive M Sport... Gone but not forgotten

Now proud owner of an Audi TT TFSI S line, Misano Red Amplified black edition... Don't shoot me.

kevinmarkwhite

Post by kevinmarkwhite » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:20 pm

So will the finance deal stay the same?

JDM

Post by JDM » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:36 pm

Not sure Kevin the dp said he will look at it when he's back prob tomorrow or Saturday. All he has done so far is request a settlement on my car...

Stuart Truman
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Stuart Truman » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:40 pm

Anything back from BMW Finance?
Add yourself to the Z4 Map HERE! Instructions HERE!
Z4M Roadster, Imola Red, with Stubby and Intravee II. Low Miles per Gallon, High Smiles per Gallon
Previously Alpina Roadster S #69 Alpina Blue

JDM

Post by JDM » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:46 pm

Not yet Stuart...

kevinmarkwhite

Post by kevinmarkwhite » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:50 pm

JDM wrote:Not sure Kevin the dp said he will look at it when he's back prob tomorrow or Saturday. All he has done so far is request a settlement on my car...
If they can work it so that you can choose another car of the same value as the Z4, and have the same finance payments then that is a result.

If you chose something more expensive then it's fair enough to charge more.

You could chose another z4, which would effectively become a replacement, like Carol and I.

Fingers crossed for you.